Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2001, 08:58 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well it seems several of us have tried to get into the "What's in your name part 2" topic and it isn't there anymore. So if anyone responded to anything I posted and hasn't seen a reply, sorry, I probably haven't seen your post. And from the looks of things, may never see it!

Anyone know what happened to that thread? I think in had around 43 postslast time I could get into it. Now it says it has 48 but doesn't display them.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:13 AM   #2
fighter-thief

so now we await the next crash with eyes closed in prayer hoping that it was a bug ,damn why does this happen

Old 02-02-2001, 09:22 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

fighter-thief, my guess would be we all talk to much . Seriously, though, I do recall seeing something by Ziroc about a new server coming soon, so maybe this is symptomatic of a larger problem and they'll get us fixed up in the near future.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:32 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

We'll all be moving to a UBB board which can handle the increased traffic a lot better than this one. This was meant to happen back in December but there were a few bugs that had to be ironed out. Ziroc's just trying to sort out a few issues to make the transition as seamless as possible. He's got a lot on his plate right now and he's doing his best to keep us going! That's why it's a good idea to continue threads rather than build them up to 100+, that's when things start to get unstable.

Patience, everyone, we'll get through this with smiles all round! Let's all give Ziroc our support
Old 02-02-2001, 09:32 AM   #5
fighter-thief

oh yea i remember that now that you said that ,but i like the friendship we all share here it's nice to have something in common with people you would have never meet all because of "just some game"[my goodness aren't we all just a little addicted to this panel] i hope the new server might have a live chat room,hum the only bad thing about that would be trolls and flamers.you know they ruin a good thing ,i think it's just a short limb problem
but with our watch dogs and defenders i think they will keep them in check

Old 02-02-2001, 01:44 PM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

I also hope that on the new board the separation between BG II topics and off-topics will not prevent new people to come in ... That was part of what frightened me in old Zertyr's thread anyway.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:10 PM   #7
weedius_maximus

So, ummm, just what IS the topic of the thread?

Old 02-02-2001, 05:36 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree with Moiraine in that I hope if the new board separates question related posts and off topic posts that newcomers won't hesitate to join our off topic gab fest! But I have a feeling that will not be so, people are always curious, and if they can easily see our off topic threads I'm sure they will want to join in, especially if we say something like "Everyone Welcome to Participate" or some such in the title. I really love this board because it is a "constant" thing that is always active 24 hours a day due to all our different time zones. You can wake in the morning and see all the new posts, and do the same when you get home from work, it just never ends! LOVE IT!
Old 02-02-2001, 10:13 PM   #9
Talieson

Surely they won't do that! What a mistake that would be. I came here looking for some answers and got hooked on the off-topics, and I stayed. I log in two or three times a day now. Can't get enough of it! Charlie got me laughing so hard tonight, my throat is sore.
You won't get that on a split board.

Old 02-02-2001, 11:20 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine, I genuinely don’t think that will happen. On the UBB it will be a lot easier to move between forums (it will be just a mouse click away! ). I think it will actually make it easier for people to join in because you will have people who don’t necessarily have BG questions who will be able to participate and this will help our board community to grow. Of course no-one will be stopping anyone from going off-topic with BG threads – that’s how we all got to know more about each other! But UBB forums I’ve seen are set up with an offtopic forum where most of the ‘regulars’ hang out, because we’ve all become experts on the game and want to talk about our own interests and about other things. And newbies don't feel like they're intruding in offtopic convos because that's what that forum is there for. In fact, I’m a bit worried that most people with BG2 knowledge will spend ALL their time on the off-topic board and there’ll be no-one to help out the newbies with game problems (except me and Armisael!!!) So when we do move, please check between boards, ok??