Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 09:57 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I have played IWD up to and including the 5th Chapter. I then went on to HoW and completed it up to but not before The Sea of Moving Ice and then went on to TotL. Everything was going fine and then suddenly my computer suddenly crashed and rebooted me in one fell swoop. When I got back into the game I could fight and walk but I could not search a body nor could I search shelves for items. It is impossible for me to gather gold, potions, weapons, gems etc. The window that pops up will not appear. I cannot access potions to drink. Thinking it was a corrupt file I deleted my most recent save, went back to auto-save, but alas that had the same problem. So I deleted my auto-save and began from the previous level save. Yet when I entered the 4th level the same problem occured. Yes, my games are patched. Anybody got a clue without me having to reinstall the whole thing?! I had half completed the 4th Dungeon Level of TotL before this took place. Or if I do have to reinstall will it be the whole game? Will I lose everything I worked so hard to gain?! How does one go about rectifying my problem? Thanks ahead of time.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 11:52 AM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Never mind. I have a good friend who is a certified Microsoft technician. He discovered a conflict in my sound card with IRQ numbers and finally straightened that out. I should have no more crashes and for some unknown reason my game is no longer corrupted. Very strange indeed.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 03:52 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I have one strange sound card issue with my SBlive is that somnetimes for no apparent reason, my sound cuts out and becomes an annoying "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep."
When i quit the game and retry, still the beep. When i try to run anything else on the computer, the audio is a different tone of "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep." I end up having to reboot the machine to get normal sound back. It's ONLY IWD that causes this and it's only been since TotLM. very strange
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote