Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-04-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I'm going to DisneyWorld(yipee!), on Wednesday, and I was just sorta wondering how much the average souveneir is. Like, will $100American get me much? Or will that just be like 2 items and that's all. Also, for those who have been there, what sorta good things are there to see in the Epcot center? We got a book on Disney world that lists all the attractions in every park, but there really wasn't much that grabbed me about Epcot, aside from a couple of the pavilions for the countries.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Hey Sir Goulum I hope you changed your Canuck buck 'cos our dollar took a pretty big hit today.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It should get you quite a bit of small stuff, just don't expect to walk off with Mickey's bloody decapitated head or anything.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Hey Sir Goulum I hope you changed your Canuck buck 'cos our dollar took a pretty big hit today.
Got my money changed earlier today. My brother, though, won't be so lucky.

Degrader- Darn! My hopes have been smashed!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #5
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Disney can be a bit pricy on the quality items so to speak, but yes you can get a lot of small things cheaply, just look around there are ton's of shop's there. If your staying there it is even better because you can get in the park before the flood gates open and enjoy a ride or two with no wait or enjoy a nice breakfest in the warm sun during this time of year.

Enjoy it.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OOh, I'm envious! I love love LOVED Disneyworld! Wanted to go back there for my honeymoon but we just didn't have enough time or money, so we're planning to go for an anniversary sometime.

Like everyone said, you can get some small things for that or a few nicer ones. I remember it being fairly pricey for souvenirs and food.

PS: I loved Epcot. We put it off til the last day of our trip and regretted it. There are shows and shops and lots of things to see. They have a terrific firworks show over and on the lake . Best place to see it is from the English/UK pavilion, sitting out by the water (they have tables).

[ 01-05-2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

That sounds like fun Sir G. And going at a good time it is a bloody deepfreeze here in Edmonton.

Have fun gives us details about the trip when you get back.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:07 AM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

OOOOH lucky you! WDW is one of my favorite places!

Test Track at Epcot is fun. I hear the new space ride is fun as well, but not for the weak-stomached. Epcot's nightly fireworks and parades are a sight to behold. It's a good "end-of-the-day" park.

If you go to Disney MGM you must ride the Rockin Roller-Coaster. It's a blast!

If you get the chance while in Orlando try and go to Universal Islands of Adventure. It's about 15 minutes from Disney. The Hulk Coaster and Spiderman ride are two of the best attractions at any park in the entire world!!!

Have fun!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
That sounds like fun Sir G. And going at a good time it is a bloody deepfreeze here in Edmonton.
I know. This is a perfect time to go.

Cloudy: Fireworks? Oooh, goody! How are the pavilions, exactly? Are they interesting, for the most part?

Elif- Yea, we're staying in Disney, but I read in our trusty little book that those days where you can get in early are the busiest(although this time of year is the off season), so we kinda have planned on not going to those parks on those days.

Chewie: Definitaly going on the Rockin' Roller coaster... just reading their description made it sound fun fun!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #10
Elif Godson
Dracolich

If you are there during the week the crowds are there but not nearly as bad on the weekends. I seem to get over there about once a year, maybe twice. They have daily parades and well as night time and they are very cool, the pavilions in Epcot area are a lot of fun, you can literally eat your way around the world so to speak if you wish, hehe Check the place out, enjoy it and take your time, you will have memories that will last. Hell I still remember when Epcot was being built and I was in a stroller then Firework show is a blast as well as well as the laser show that goes along with it, my daughter still talks about when we took her there for her fifth birthday and she's ten now [img]smile.gif[/img]