Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-25-2004, 07:31 PM   #11
Eohre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mark, my cat is called Molly!
She has only just come to us - rescued from cruel people who gave her far too much love and salmon and cream...^_^
She's bigger and fatter than most of the dogs on my street, so I'm trying to get her on a new fitness programme.
So far I have been treated with the disdain only a cat can give when I approach her with a ball of wool, or a piece of newspaper on a string. Her previous owners stole her little feral soul and turned her into a couch potato!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 PM   #12
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Eohre:
Mark, my cat is called Molly!
She has only just come to us - rescued from cruel people who gave her far too much love and salmon and cream...^_^
She's bigger and fatter than most of the dogs on my street, so I'm trying to get her on a new fitness programme.
So far I have been treated with the disdain only a cat can give when I approach her with a ball of wool, or a piece of newspaper on a string. Her previous owners stole her little feral soul and turned her into a couch potato!!
WOW, another new member! Welcome to the Ironworks to you too, Eohre!

Well, as I said, our dog is a black Cocker Spaniel. She got her name from a fish, actually! We used to have many tropical fish and one of them was a Black Mollie named Molly (what else). So since the dog was black and it seemed to fit her, that's what we named her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 03-25-2004, 09:42 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Awww, sounds like a really cool dog Skywalker [img]smile.gif[/img] Can you post that pic of her here? Love to see it [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't have a dog, but have a cat, whose been very faithful to me the past two days since I have been feeling ill (had a wisdom tooth pulled out and have had a very hard time with some complications). She's sat right next to me the entire time, only leaving to eat and use the litter box, was nice waking up throughout the night on the couch in pain and having her there making sure I took my meds. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Unfortunately I don't have a scanner or I'd have had the picture posted at the IW photo album.

Sorry to hear that you haven't been well My Lady. I hope are feeling better very soon!

Mark
Old 03-25-2004, 09:46 PM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
mark it is a lovely post. shortly will be the 5th anniversary of the death of my cat. i had him for 17 years. i miss him so. i will cry if i sit and thinka bout him too long.

soon i will be taking my older cat to get a problem fixed. i hope to have 5 more years with him, but i beleive that is optimistic at best. pets are such a treasure.
I know how you feel RevRuby. I really rue the day when Molly will be gone. I remember when I was young I had a black German Shepard/Collie named Tiny. She died from a disease that we were not aware of. A shot would have protected her. She was a great dog too and I missed her very much.

Pets really ask so little from us and give back so much more. They should never be taken for granted.

I hope your cat makes out all right!

Mark
Old 03-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #15
skywalker
Banned User

Thanks to you both InjaYew and Skippy, for posting about your dogs too! I'm really happy to hear about your pets and what they're like!

Maybe this thread will last a little longer on the 1st page then I first thought.

Mark

[ 03-26-2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
Old 03-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

It's hard to lose a family pet. But I keep telling myself it's worth the grieving time to have had all the companionship and loving, fun times with them. Each time it's as hard as the others but each time I take another in, in honor of those who've gone and to save another abandoned one. (Mine have all been strays or adopted from shelters, except one and he was a kitten mill kitty I bought to rescue from an abusive pet store situation- luckily the pet store went out of business very shortly after that!)

Cherish your time with Molly, Mark. She's a lucky dog and you're a good ownee. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

Thanks for sharing, Mark. [img]smile.gif[/img]