Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Five of their six children served missions in various parts of the world, including England, Quebec, and Estonia. I am the only one of the family that speaks Spanish, and now they will be learning Spanish to go live in Buenos Aires for two years!

What will they be doing you ask?

Helping with the Welfare System in regards to Employment for the people there. They will be assisting the people get educated and get jobs, as I hear that Argentina is suffering alot these days in regards to their economy.

And I get to teach them Spanish before they ship out, in July!

[ 03-26-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 03-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You should go visit them while they are there. Buenos Aires is a nice city. Make sure to tell them to take a few beginner Tango lessons, see a good Tango show, visit Eve Peron's grave, and also get outside the city along the river for a bit.

Also, even though it's a cosmopolitan first world country, I warn you to be careful with the girlie bars. I stepped in one and within moments had two girls a manager and a bouncer telling me I had to cough up $50 for a single drink. I literally had to punch a guy, hop a couch, and bolt for the door to get out of it. I bet they all thought it was hilarious!

Serously, though, it's a nice town. There are two very long pedestrian streets with a lot of neat things to do.

And the people (men and women) are simply the most beautiful, on average, I've ever seen.

And, get used to sitting down to dinner at 10 p.m. or later, they stay up late! (But take siestas to make up for it). You should really try to get down there to visit them while they are there, Larry.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:46 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the post TL! That is helpful! I would like to see more info from anyone that wants to share. I know a little of the country. I know what Yerba Mate is, for example...and I looooove it.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:33 AM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I think it's very admirable what your parents are doing, I wish them all the best.
I have a friend in Buenos Aires, who I would very much like to visit... and just by looking at her picture... I agree with Timber, they have the most beuatyful people in the world... [img]smile.gif[/img]