Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

OK, stating right now: This is NOT a thread on the pros and cons of various music players so if you want to discuss that, please don't don't do it here. If no one has an answer, we'll just let the thread die.

I've had an interesting thing happen with my iPod. It works great all the time except for twice when I've turned it on and it appears to go into what I would call "tech mode" ie: diagnostics area. Screen goes black and white and you can start running system tests and checks on memory etc. All fine, but I can't work out how to escape or turn off when this happens and have just let it run out of battery each time, then recharge, restart which worked.

No major issue except once it was as I was boarding an international flight and I had to hide it and leave it on.

Does anyone know:

1. How I caused it?
2. How to get out of it?

I tried every combination of presses, holds etc I could think of.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Call the tech support line.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I could. If I was not unconcerned enough to wait and see what joys my fellow IWers may bring to the table. That involves, looking for a number. Caling it. Waiting on hold. Getting bored and seeing what my fellow IWers may bring to the table. I've just skipped a few steps!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

Found this with a little help from our friend Google...

Quote:
To reset, one should hold down the menu and play/pause buttons. This will force a hard reset and cause the iPod to reboot. On early firmware versions, this would also cause the date and time to reset. No data will be lost.

To enter "debug mode" press Menu-Select-Pause/Play (3 buttons in a vertical row), then when Apple logo appears, press Reverse-Select-Forward (3 buttons horizontally). A reverse Apple logo shows, then debug menu.
I assume you use the reset instructions also in the debug mode... but then again it's from apple so I don't expect it to make any sense at all... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-19-2006, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, I ahve had that happen to me many times, and have actually figured out how to get to it too.

Only problem is I don't know how to get out of it except for letting the battery die

Though I'm sure you could find out somewhere on the internet if you looked...

In fact, I might just do that...
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #6
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Apple forums