Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Wedding or other rings Poll
I'm married and wear a wedding ring all the time 10 33.33%
I'm married but don't wear a wedding ring 1 3.33%
I dont, but my spouse wears his/her wedding ring 5 16.67%
I wear my wedding ring(s) but my spouse doesn't. 2 6.67%
I'm married and wear my wedding ring, but not all the time. 2 6.67%
I'm not married but I wear a wedding band sometimes (all the time?) 9 30.00%
I wear some (non wedding) rings occasionally 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #21
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
In answer to the poll, I couldn't answer. I don't wear any rings at all right now. Not that I don't have some ring designs in mind. Now I just need a mind reading sketch artist and a skilled craftsman to make the wax mold.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-29-2004, 03:26 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I nearly always wear rings when I'm out, though not at home. Either silver ones on my third and fourth right fingers or gold ones, depending on what I'm wearing. And occasionally I wear a toe ring if I'm feeling frivolous . I always have to get new rings resized; my fingers are really small. That also means I am more limited in the types of rings I can buy, like I could never buy a ring from the markets or something because they can't be resized.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aelia, that's one reason my fiance and I didn't get the diamond cut bands we like (the cut is exquisite and makes the design sparkle like diamonds). They are machine cut and you can only have them sized up or down a half size and only once. If they wear down, which the design will do over time, you can't have it repaired, but rather need a whole new ring...which didn't appeal to us. We figure if you have to add or take away from the original rings at least they're still partly the originals. [img]smile.gif[/img] I know, we're both kinda sentimental... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2004, 03:41 PM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Maybe Jim could wear a french tickler [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2004, 03:43 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, hello LoA! Hey are you still wearing that cute little earring and those fishnet speedos to work? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2004, 05:02 PM   #26
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I have the most amazing pair of nipple rings, but since that horrible pie eating contest accident, I can only wear them on a chain around my neck.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:04 PM   #27
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

On my right ring finger I have my class ring, white gold band with an aeronautics symbol on one side (basically a plane flying around the world and aviation wings above it) and a dragon on the other. The stone is peridot for my birthday and has a horse inscribed into it.

On my left middle finger I have a silver ring that Phil sent me just a few days ago...um, the band wraps around and ends in a square on either side that have the stones set in them, is the best way to describe it. Before I had this ring I had one from an ex of mine that was white gold with a heart and 3 diamonds through its center inlaid on yellow gold. I only wore it when going out though, as it was too big for my fingers.

Normally I only take my rings off when taking a shower
Old 03-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #28
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I just have a plain silver band round my right ring-finger, since I like a bit of bling. I take it off when I shower and when I go to bed.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:20 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*thumps Ronn* How come you never showed us the pictures then? C'mon, show us the pics....I said piCs not piTs....argh!

Cool, LadyBlue, that ring from your beau sounds very pretty!

LOL @ 'bling'.... When did people start using that to mean jewelry or 'shiny stuff' ? *shows her age with the question*

BTW ....my finace just called to say the jeweler let him know our wedding bands are in! WHOOHOOO...
Old 03-31-2004, 06:35 PM   #30
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I agree, Cloudy. When *did* people start using that expression? And since when is it correct for that to be used in singular form? It makes my head hurt...

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.