Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-23-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
num1esse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

where do i get him? i hear he is very good, also where do i get the carsomyr? thanx
Old 05-23-2001, 08:03 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but to be safe

You get Keldorn down in the sewers just before you enter the area to begin the Quest of the Unseeing Eye. You get Carsomyr off the body of Firkaag the Red Dragon in the Windspear dungeon

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-23-2001, 08:15 PM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Speaking of Keldorn, am I the only one that thinks Inquisitors are too powerful? They have the two best abilities in the whole game, true sight and really high level dispel magic.

I used Keldorn in my second time through the game, and it was waaaay too easy. He can dispel almost any spell protections, except for Spell Trap, Spell Shield, Spell Turning, etc. But, against a Lich or other high level magic user, he can almost instantly dispel stonskin, protection from elements (fire, cold, electricity), protection from magic weapons, mantle, etc. in one shot. This makes them open to melee attacks almost instantly. His dispel magic functions on twice his level, so it almost always works. Plus, he has True Sight which dispels all illusions, very convenient.

Maybe it is just me, but I think that using an Inquisitor makes mage killing too easy.
Old 05-23-2001, 08:41 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hard for me to say because I picked him up rather late in the game. I must admit that with him, Minsc, and me (high level monk) fights went alot easier and with Carsomyr, too. I must admit that I have a low frustration level and don't mind if things are terribly diificult.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-23-2001, 09:12 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

As for Keldorn - I agree, he is rather powerful.
But, may be, it depends on gamer's tactics. For me he was very useful dispelling different protections and letting my Wizard slayer to kill enemy-mages with bow.

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Old 05-23-2001, 10:47 PM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
FAH!!

Too powerfull!?

Ok mabye inquisters get lots of speical abiltys. But this board is full of power gamers.

What about Monks? And Kensai/Mages?

Inquisters are insects compaired to them.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:51 PM   #7
Gargoyle
Manshoon

Indeed, Keldorn is very powerful but, only if used correctly. If you find him too powerful, simply cheat and remove his abilities, this will give you a more rounded character and still a top notch fighter !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !

[This message has been edited by Gargoyle (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old 05-24-2001, 05:43 AM   #8
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keldorn, the "Fighter", is never as good as Korgan, but his inquisitor abilities make him very usefull. And I dont think, inquisitors are too powerfull.

------------------
Night is not always that, what it looks like...