Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-29-2001, 08:23 AM   #11
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Maybe you´re right Moiraine, although Mediterranean people are supposed to be warm and friendly !!!
Look at these estimated numbers of mediterranean-south european people :

Spanish: 1 (me)
French: 1 (you)
Italian: 0
Portuguese: 0
Greek: 1 (i think there was a greek guy over there, im not sure)

This is so SAD i think

Old 01-29-2001, 08:26 AM   #12
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

yep Moraine... a couple of Filipino's (that is the spelling if you want to know...) ... its a nice tropical country and a great place to go to ... especially BORACAY ...one of the best beaches in the world... known for its white sand... heheh.. i advertizing my own country since everything is picking up again after the ouster of the former president... so come all come now... invest here in the Philippines.. we need foreign investors ... =)

anyway... im from the Philippines... did i say that??
Old 01-29-2001, 08:27 AM   #13
Moiraine
Anubis

As far as I know, mediterranean people are supposed to be warm and friendly ... to people they already know. Otherwise, they joke a lot, so as not to get involved in deeper conversation. At least, my father's family is like that (they are from Nice).
Old 01-29-2001, 08:35 AM   #14
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

BTW moirane where you from
city that is
Old 01-29-2001, 08:37 AM   #15
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Yep Moiraine, I´ve always thought that its hard for me to make new friends, but once i start talking with them i CANT shut up !!! I mean that i am a very good friend of my friends, but always feel shy when knowing new people.

Anyway, if there is another french, spanish, portuguese or whatever please POST HERE !!!

Old 01-29-2001, 08:42 AM   #16
Moiraine
Anubis

Ertai, it sounds like me speaking (even to the 'can't shut up' part) !

I regret now that I took Russian at school as second language, instead of Spanish. I don't know a word of your language !

But we don't want to make a 'private-room-for-southern-european-people' here, do we ? &gt
Old 01-29-2001, 08:48 AM   #17
Ertai, Wizard Adept

NO moiraine, i didnt mean that, i just want to know if we are the only ones !!

And about language, I´ve always wanted to learn french (and german, and russian...) and even chose it in the institute, but there wasnt enough people to fill a class (a room) and i finally couldnt learn it . Anyway, my mother knows french, and i have family there (in Burdeos).

PS: Rikard, dont say a word about my french family OK ?!?!?!

Old 01-29-2001, 09:09 AM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

I live in London in England. I can speak a few different languages though.
Old 01-29-2001, 09:22 AM   #19
Lucre
Elminster

I am English north west oooh arr. (only in this world in many other i am known as King Bob Lucre McWibble IV).

Bow down before me you insignificant SUTHNER.Pop along to your guvnor now.(to Charlie)
Old 01-29-2001, 09:45 AM   #20
Ertai, Wizard Adept

hey Lucre, I hope this things you say are a typical joke from england, because Charlie is an INSTITUTION here you know.

Hail Charlie !!!!

PS: Charlie, in spain we say someone is an institution when (s)he´s popular and everybody respects him/her. I wanted to leave this clear because of the mistakes mu poor english may produce ...