Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-08-2001, 09:59 AM   #1
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Help me please! I've finished the major requirements here and just wanted to treasure hunt, Madda Big, Adrianna and the likes, but my poor Barbarian is infected with this wasting disease that neither my monk or paladin can seem to cure. He keeps loosing "permanent" fortitude, hit points, dexterity, etc.

What is needed to cure this awful affliction or how do I get out of this place for now so i can heal him in town. I got back to front gate but it's locked and I see no keyhole?

Note* I can't teleport as of yet due to some poor early choices in spells and
such.
sirspitfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 10:10 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Was your Barbarian turned into a Vampire by any chance??

Have you tried Restore Health??

If he is a vamp - there is no cure. With the patch is it possible to have a character function as a vampire but I don't consider it worth while. Reloading a saved game might be the best choice.

If it isn't being a Vamp that is bothering him and your other characters are unable to heal him, you need to get back to the temple ASAP. Do you have CALL OF HOME?? (which will take you back to town) If you cannot get him back quickly enough, reloading a saved game is still your best choice.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Wyvern,
Just used saved game, I don't think I was a vampire, it didn't say nor did I have any traits, just had classic sick green face, and was losing points due to "Wasting Disease"? Thanks to often saves, although i kinda had to do almost thee whole bridge thing again, YUK! my bad! onwards!
Old 04-08-2001, 04:05 PM   #4
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Even tho restore health claims to cure all ailments, this is sadly untrue. I bbelieve to stop wasting disease you either go to temple for rites (1.500gp) or cast the vine sphere 'cure' spell (lvl 6) this cures all forms of 'green face icon' disease.

Mentally yours,
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:05 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah - well glad you were able to get through eventually without being sick!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:18 PM   #6
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, KOOL AID! Thanks for understanding, I thought I was the only one to face this evil ailment! Alas, my party is fine, musta got a hold of the brown "stuff"!