Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2001, 04:29 PM   #1
Trake
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello Everyone, it's me again. I really appreciate all the help that the people here have given me so far. This game is so great, and I'm only just starting to crack it's outer shell. I've another question for you. This is about the Trademeet Sidequest. In the City Gates district of Athkatla, you meet someone who wll direct you to trademeet because they are being attacked by animals. So I went and I defeated the Shadow Druid and the animals halted their attacks. THen the mayor of Trademeet asks me to Get rid of the Genies. The genies want some shapeshifter or something like that. HOw do I find him or how do I make them go away? Any help or hints would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Trake
Old 11-07-2001, 04:37 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

P
A
R
T
I
A
L
S
P
O
I
L
E
R.
You need to take Cernd into your party or at least accept the offer to solve his problem to have the Druid Grove opened up on your world map. He is in the underground jail in Trademeet, you should have had a discussion about him there. The shapeshifter you are looking for is somewhere in the Druid Grove, don't want to give out too many details 8)
Old 11-07-2001, 07:30 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

apoiler

Trake just murder the blasted genies. they are a pain anyways, and it not like you lose any rep points. just walk into the tent and kill the leader. the rest will teleport out of there if you kill the leader. he's not even that tough either. i killed him in about 10 seconds with about a 11-12 level party
Old 11-07-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

ohh yeah and if i havent said it you yet
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
Old 11-07-2001, 11:27 PM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
apoiler

Trake just murder the blasted genies. they are a pain anyways, and it not like you lose any rep points. just walk into the tent and kill the leader. the rest will teleport out of there if you kill the leader. he's not even that tough either. i killed him in about 10 seconds with about a 11-12 level party

Before you kill the leader inside...make sure to pickpocket (or kill) the guy outside. He has a nice item on him.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:43 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Since you've already solved the animal troubles of Trademeet, you don't need Cernd anymore (although there is a Cernd-specific quest).

Have you talked to the genies about their embargo? They want something so that they'll end the blockade. Then go aover the druid grove and look for that person the genie wants dealt with.
Spoiler

There's a house in the NE corner of the druid grove map. Enter it and the sahpeshifter is there - disguised of course. Deal with her and bring an item back to the genies. They'll leave.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:46 PM   #7
Trake
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THanks to all for your help! I got it figured out. I did however, forget to pickpocket/kill the genie outside to see what item he had on him. Will this effect me negatively at all? Just curious.

Trake
Old 11-07-2001, 11:48 PM   #8
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

The item isn't important to the completion of the game, but useful nonetheless. It's a bottle of efreeti summoning, which summons an efreeti once per day.