Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

This thread is for the movie protagonist you're supposed to be rooting for, but is just so darned unlikeable you can't.

I've got a few nominations to get things started,

Johhny: Johnny Mneumonic
Tom Ripley: The Talented Mr Ripley
Barry Egan: Punch Drunk Love (Adam Sandler's character)
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Eddie Murphy as Kelly Robinson in I,Spy. I was hoping somebody would shoot him just so he'd need an anesthetic to put him out and SHUT HIM UP!!!

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Roger Moore, if he raises one more bloody eyebrow I swear I will make him 003 1/2 go odd job!

Any western movie with them shooting Indians (the USA kind)

In reverse ... Das Boat
I found myself shouting for them when they are the baddies and where shooting allied troops in cold blood. (a great film BTW)

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:25 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Neo.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:18 AM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Achilles.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Movie protagonist? I guess anything with Bill Pullman.

But it's book protagonists that get me more. My absolute least favourite is Hans Castorp in The Magic Mountain. I have never hated any protagonist SO MUCH. Spends a bunch of years at a sanitarium with nothing wrong with him, moans all the time and learns almost nothing--what a total @#%hole.

I only finished the book because I hated him so much I was compelled to read on.

Runners-up:
Tess from Tess of the D'Urbervilles (I couldn't stand worrying about her all the time)
The guy from the Trial (can't remember his name but his passivity annoyed me)
Old 06-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Han Solo, Luke, Leia and Chewbacca in the OT, all of them equally. I wanted them to die SO MUCH.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Mopery:

Runners-up:
Tess from Tess of the D'Urbervilles (I couldn't stand worrying about her all the time)
The guy from the Trial (can't remember his name but his passivity annoyed me)
I read the 'Trial' (Kaffka) and I too wanted to bitch slap him to his senses to stop being passive. But I guess that was the point of the book, showing the uselessness of using the system to fight the system!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:55 AM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Anakin skywalker... whiny F$%&

I was going to say Jar Jar, but he's not really the protagonist is he? more like the annoying cgi slapstick comedy relief (read comedy disaster) sidekick you hope will die a horrible death, kind of character... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would also like to nominate the entire cast of characters from the movie Happiness...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
Lucern
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Han Solo, Luke, Leia and Chewbacca in the OT, all of them equally. I wanted them to die SO MUCH.
LOL harsh. That's half the cast of one of the most popular series of all time. As I was trying to figure out what OT was with a google search, I found a blog that would nominate Boba Fett (yeah yeah, not a protagonist) for at least being overrated. At least those four had to work to stay alive.

http://blogs.starwars.com/h-k-d/7

He has a point

I nominate Super Man. He's essentially immortal, so any scenario not involving kryptonite is pointless. At least some of the other (somewhat overrated even) super-heroes can get the snot beat out of them occasionally.

As for books, Emma (Madame) Bovary. I think I dated her [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote