Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 06-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
Ravenbear
Dungeon Master

Can someone explain to me how an opponent that you are facing gets a sneak attack?
I can understand if they are on you side or behind you..
It is most annoying..

Thanks
Ravenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:34 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

There's no 'before' or 'behind' in the game. Either you're targetting someone with a melee or ranged weapon, or they get sneak attacks in.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Abd even when you are targetting someone, the darkness spell will let them get Sneak Attack after Sneak Attack.

O_o
Old 06-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sneak and Death attacks do make level 12 and the Trollbark Dungeon lethal.

Take your eye off things for a moment and you end up minus half your hitpoints snd desperately trying to target whatever it is that is doing it.

Any version of Pharun's armour or a particular Dwarven shield sold in Durnan's will help a lot.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Even with your eyes ON the targets they can still get sneak attacks in. That is why I can honestly state Level Twelve is a cakewalk compared to the Trollbark Dungeons. Heck, if I could hire the Cult Of The Dragon to storm the Trollbark Dungeons the amount of fallen treasure I would amass would be astounding. Maybe I should start up my own Cult Of The Dragon and do just that... YES...

Aside from that little fantasy, your best bet is to either use items that prevent the use of sneak attacks on your person, or find a way to lure them out into one-on-one combat. I have to admit, though, those robes which have Gust Of Wind are a real godsend to mages who wander into a sneak attack heavy locale. Reason being is that every so often one of your would-be slayers gets knocked down for a while. And that's one less person you have to worry about getting those sneak attacks and death attacks on you.

[ 06-11-2006, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote