Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 12:01 AM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

I'm now replaying the game, and I am now in Nalia's Keep. The first time I played I killed Glaicas, because I didn't know any other way to handle the situation. Now, I'm trying to charm then dispel, but all it's doing is making him hostile. Am I doing something wrong? I'm just trying the "nonviolent" solution to the problem.
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 12:09 AM   #2
drewal
Drow Warrior

this first time through, i too killed glacias out of ignorance. the second time through, i killed him out of spite.

as for your situation...

i think if you charm somebody, then they automatically turn hostile after the charm wears off/is dispelled. if i recall, you have to do something else with glacias since he is already charmed/dominated.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by drewal:
this first time through, i too killed glacias out of ignorance. the second time through, i killed him out of spite.

as for your situation...

i think if you charm somebody, then they automatically turn hostile after the charm wears off/is dispelled. if i recall, you have to do something else with glacias since he is already charmed/dominated.
I could have sworn that you need to charm him (it causes the first charm to be replaced), then dispel it to bring him back to normal. Am I right or wrong about this?
Old 06-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #4
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

If you become lord of D'Arnise keep and you keep Glacias alive (dont even see him) will he be normal when you become the lord(if your a fighter,monk,barberian)
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 08:51 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian the Black:
If you become lord of D'Arnise keep and you keep Glacias alive (dont even see him) will he be normal when you become the lord(if your a fighter,monk,barberian)
Cool, I'll try that! Do you still get the flail head afterwards?
Old 06-14-2002, 09:26 PM   #6
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

I remember him...the last time i saw him i talked to him and he stopped attacking me...HOWEVER...i did turn him into a squirrel. I decided not to kill him afterwards so he could climb up a tree and beat his own nuts.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:34 PM   #7
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

No i was asking the question could you do that!!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 09:51 PM   #8
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I think that you need to cast "Remove Curse" on him to make him non-hostile and to get the flail head, but I have never tried just avoiding him before. I usually just kill him.

[ 06-14-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #9
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
I think that you need to cast "Remove Curse" on him to make him non-hostile and to get the flail head, but I have never tried just avoiding him before. I usually just kill him.
Just tried that...it doesn't work...
Old 06-15-2002, 09:00 AM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Just tried that...it doesn't work... [/QUOTE]Oh well, I got sick of trying and just killed him. Less xp, but hey, I'm Chaotic Neutral anyway!