Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-29-2001, 08:28 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
Saz... I turn them in at the bank yearly and usually come up about $90-$100

yeah I heard about the discontinuing of the penny... that would be very difficult who tries to make change from sales tax... I mean how would it affect it?

here's an interesting piece of information
http://accounting.smartpros.com/x30483.xml

Thanks for the link, Adam!

Yes, as you see, $90-100 a year is not to be despised. That's at least a night in a good motel room on a vacation, or a month's phone bill. And people throw away pennies or leave them lying around. *sigh* Oh well...

------------------

I know who you are...I saw what you did!
Old 09-29-2001, 10:48 PM   #12
G'kar

I routinely give my pennies to the homeless, there are alot in Boston. I donate them to a group named "food not bombs". They set up in the Boston Commons ( a big downtown park) and distribute food to the homeless.( alot of homeless, its creepy in the winter, its so cold and they sleep in the subway stairwell and on park benches)

A penny spent to feed the hungry is a penny well-spent.

Lately my change ( copper and silver) has gone to the Red Cross and the World Relief Fund. If you dont have much like me, any small contribution helps right?

Old 09-29-2001, 11:29 PM   #13
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

every little bit helps...
Old 09-30-2001, 02:14 AM   #14
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i pick up any money i can find... pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, dollars, fives, tens, twenties... as long as its in small, unmarked bills i'll take it!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 09-30-2001, 02:55 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

In school I take out little 1c coins and throw them at people I dont like
Its a real bastardy thing to do..

------------------
No-Name Face