Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-04-2001, 01:32 PM   #31
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

But half the characters in BG2 make good Tanks, so what do you need with yet another one? Apart from her Tankitude, which you say is appreciable, it sounds like the only reason you're keeping her around is for 3 good spells. (And aren't the higher-level spells only available to Priests with 17 or higher Wisdom?)
Old 11-04-2001, 01:36 PM   #32
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Who says I keep her? I am anti-Jaheira man!
Old 11-04-2001, 01:54 PM   #33
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I think the people who don't like Jaheira have a point about her nagging, and unfortunately if you are an Orc, none of the female characters will engage in romance dialog. But if equipped properly Jaheira is the second toughest NPC in the game, second only to Viconia. That's right second toughest, Viconia being first. No other NPC's AC's can be reduced lower than theirs, which means if you equip them well they wont get hit nearly as often. Your character will get hit more often than they will. I have Jahiera's AC down to -12 and Viconia down to AC -13. No other NPC's can match that. Give them belts for strength, good shields and a good sling for ranged weopons, and a good scimitar or club for Jahiera and a great mace or hammer for Viconia for close quarters, add to that their healing and spells abilities and they are the most versatile NPC's in game. Not to mention with AC's so low and good weops, they will out "Tank" any NPC's in the game.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:25 PM   #34
Lazarus
Manshoon

Jaheira's a pretty good character and she's in my party but, I dont like her personality.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Lazarus ]

Old 11-06-2001, 08:02 AM   #35
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Jaheir is awsome! She is the most powerfull member of my part (after me that is) and has 25% of the kills!and her most powerfull killed is firkraag, her romance is pretty cool to. i dont know what ever gave you the idea that she sucks.......
Old 11-06-2001, 09:03 AM   #36
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I've been thru with both Anomen and Jahiera, and let me tell you that Jah is not NEARLY as annoying as Anomen when you've got a female character! He whines, he sulks, he hits on your female mage, and he leaves if you turn him down repeatedly. If, however you choose the reply"I'm no flower and your poetry is rotten" he cools it and behaves for the rest of the game. Jahiera is all right, as said, with the +3 club, dragon scale armor, and a good shield, Lotsa hit points,but I will admit, if pressed, that Anomen has more, and can wield the flail of ages
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-06-2001, 09:04 AM   #37
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I've been thru with both Anomen and Jahiera, and let me tell you that Jah is not NEARLY as annoying as Anomen when you've got a female character! He whines, he sulks, he hits on your female mage, and he leaves if you turn him down repeatedly. If, however you choose the reply"I'm no flower and your poetry is rotten" he cools it and behaves for the rest of the game. Jahiera is all right, as said, with the +3 club, dragon scale armor, and a good shield, Lotsa hit points,but I will admit, if pressed, that Anomen has more, and can wield the flail of ages
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-06-2001, 09:24 AM   #38
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
But half the characters in BG2 make good Tanks, so what do you need with yet another one? Apart from her Tankitude, which you say is appreciable, it sounds like the only reason you're keeping her around is for 3 good spells. (And aren't the higher-level spells only available to Priests with 17 or higher Wisdom?)

Her stats are better than in BG1. She can cast druid spells not priest spells. It means that whatever priest you have you can not cast some of her spells. As a druid she advance quickly and because of that strange progression table for a druid she is only one level behind pure-class druid at the end of SoA (and if you have ToB you have to love multiclass NPCs)

Zbyszek
Old 11-06-2001, 06:43 PM   #39
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I hate her... I despise her... but I loveeee... killing her... the ecstatic shivers that run down my spine as I hear her vain screams and useless taunts. Oh! What satisfication my heart and soul felt as I threw minute meteor after minute meteor at her caged body.

And sometimes! When I am in a happy mood, I end her deserved misery early by impaling her with a flame arrow.

Oh! Oh! Oh! The pain and mental suffering I had to endure when I tried, just for comparision, a romance with Jaheira... ...

Sticking the Impaler +3 down her throat was getting harder and harder to resist with each passing day.

*sniff*

So yes... I HATE her! She can go to Hell to torment the devils and demons for all I care! Just keep her away from my plane of existence!

From a power-gamer's view though, Jaheira can be a worthy addition, oh my god! What am I saying?!?! Just kill her I say... ...

Old 11-06-2001, 06:44 PM   #40
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I hate her... I despise her... but I loveeee... killing her... the ecstatic shivers that run down my spine as I hear her vain screams and useless taunts. Oh! What satisfication my heart and soul felt as I threw minute meteor after minute meteor at her caged body.

And sometimes! When I am in a happy mood, I end her deserved misery early by impaling her with a flame arrow.

Oh! Oh! Oh! The pain and mental suffering I had to endure when I tried, just for comparision, a romance with Jaheira... ...

Sticking the Impaler +3 down her throat was getting harder and harder to resist with each passing day.

*sniff*

So yes... I HATE her! She can go to Hell to torment the devils and demons for all I care! Just keep her away from my plane of existence!

From a power-gamer's view though, Jaheira can be a worthy addition, oh my god! What am I saying?!?! Just kill her I say... ...