Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-21-2000, 03:03 PM   #1
TheShiva

My buddy and I are starting a brand new mulitplayer campaign this evening. What character classes would you start out with? We both would like to control 3 characters apiece. I am assuming that we will have to leave one slot open for Imoen. I was thinking the following combination:
1)Archer
2)Fighter, 2 handed sword proficiency
3)Thief
4)Bard
5)Sorcerer
6)Imoen
Please let me know of what you would do.

Old 11-21-2000, 03:11 PM   #2
Archmagi Wah

Three magic users are a bit too much on my opinion, so get rid of either that bard or the sorceror because you won't need that many. I say chuck the sorceror because they become a nuisance at higher levels.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the druid or cleric. Who gonna heal the fighters when they get battered? - Potions don't come cheap in Faerun or in large quantities.

Old 11-21-2000, 03:19 PM   #3
TheShiva

I see your point, I guess I would go with a cleric instead of the sorceror. Or maybe I should go with a mage instead of the bard.

Old 11-21-2000, 03:30 PM   #4
Archmagi Wah

Yep a mage is definity worth more than any sorceror. (ahem, no I am not boasting!!) Partly because it has a bit more choice so I enjoy controlling what to cast.

Are you sure you want a cleric because some of the druid spells are not bad at all such as shapechange and summon insects - if you're planning to fight magic users.

Anyway, its your choice so don't let me DOMINATE you, just make sure what you miss out if you choose a cleric or a druid OK?

Happy Adventuring!!

Old 11-21-2000, 08:10 PM   #5
Armisael

Druids are great. If you want a druid, you could always just take Jaheira. She can double as a tank, but can't get her one slot in level seven druid spells. I think you'd be better off with a druid/fighter than a pure class druid, since the only difference in druid levels is one.

Old 11-22-2000, 10:01 AM   #6
spludge

Forget about iomen and get a druid instead.
for your mage start off with a human fighter and dual class him to mage it doesnt make that much of a difference in the ex points and he'll really be able to take a punch .
I'd do the same with all other characters (not possible with archer)this is in my oppinion a bit boring but it IS the strongest solution!

Old 11-22-2000, 03:00 PM   #7
GideonRaine

i think a kickass thing to do is make human characters right in the beginning, 6 of em
lol
then before you start gettin experience, dual class em all. tho one multi-class comes in handy, so make a half-orc fighter cleric, 19 str-19con, he'll be your healer, face-basher til you get everyone to the higher levels to regain their fighter abilities, the dungeon is easy anyways, so i think thats waht they expect you to do, if you can that is.
kensai/mages kick ass cuz of their kai ability and their bonus -2 to their AC
i have 3 fighter/mages (2 kensai/mages)
2 fighter clerics
and 1 thief, i couldnt ask for a better party, its amazing how eay cleanin out a room can be when your 3 mages all have 2 imp invisibility spells memorized, cast it on the party, sneak in, and kick butt all over the place
heh heh

Old 11-22-2000, 03:03 PM   #8
GideonRaine

oh and you dont need imoen either, if you ditch her in the beginning she gets out before you anyways, unharmed for some reason, heh heh