Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-01-2001, 06:29 AM   #1
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

I have been away for a bit (explained elsewhere). Before I left I noticed a trend just starting - people using others threads to have conversatons between themselvees that don't include or interest the other posters.

Is it me or has this got much worse???

I used to really enjoy posting here but now its hard to wade through all the "chat" posts looking for the nuggets of gold
I hope I can have fun, serious discussions and catch up with people the way I used to as this is still truly a great crowd.

------------------

MYTH DRANNOR http://vampirelord.proboards.com/ind...er=vampirelord

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 06:40 AM   #2
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
I have been away for a bit (explained elsewhere). Before I left I noticed a trend just starting - people using others threads to have conversatons between themselvees that don't include or interest the other posters.

I used to really enjoy posting here but now its hard to wade through all the "chat" posts looking for the nuggets of gold
I hope I can have fun, serious discussions and catch up with people the way I used to as this is still truly a great crowd.

Well, I might have do that spamming too, but it's kinda irritating when you try to get some decent replies and some go spamming on your subject. I try not to spam to much, but it's hard soemtimes

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 10-01-2001, 06:46 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Keep your frying pan ready! Hit spam where you can find it! Welcome back Kiwidoc!! A big big huggsie for you!

Well the spamming have spread a bit, I think we should ask Rikard about it, he has diagrams of all posts here! Maybe he can make a spamograpgh!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-01-2001, 07:29 AM   #4
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:

Don't worry, I'm about to REALLY Crack down on these types of posts.. We're hitting almost 100,000 posts here now, and spam is REALLY getting bad now. Argh!!

is WATCHING you spammers!!! !

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-01-2001, 07:32 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Errhm... Ziroc does allow spam.. but I have to agree.. some posts like the going to the shower... it really rocks... heehee

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-01-2001, 09:11 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Don't worry, I'm about to REALLY Crack down on these types of posts.. We're hitting almost 100,000 posts here now, and spam is REALLY getting bad now. Argh!!

is WATCHING you spammers!!! !

I've just come back from holidays and have noticed an increase in this. A bit of commonsense is all that's required.

------------------
Old 10-01-2001, 10:27 AM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I sincerely hope that the "The Siege Continues" and "The GD forum is being held hostage!" threads aren't considered SPAM by our admin and his mods.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

Official IW Negotiator(When not siding with the hostage-takers).

ORT member.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 10-01-2001, 10:29 AM   #8
Rikard

IMHO all thread directly directed to a specific person should best be handled per email
though that's not always possible

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-01-2001, 10:41 AM   #9
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Ever since about the 5th BG2 bar i've started comeing to the ironworks less and less. This is mainly becuase of spam. (the bar was always filled to the top of spam.) i can bareley read as it is now (i have ME) and now i have to wade through spam! its anoying. just my two cents.

KILL IT KILL IT
smoke the spam
set boo on the spam

------------------
Old 10-01-2001, 12:18 PM   #10
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If set up correctly, I think a chat area could solve some of this.

I know that I've been reading the forum and someone will instant message me and we'll not cloud up the thread with spam. This works well.

If a chat area here allowed individuals to send others a quick message or two, it might not detract from the threads.

BTW, I must compliment you in the way that you posted. You made a separate thread "Yes - I AM alive!" so that general introductions and catching up doesn't clutter other threads.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 10-01-2001).]