Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

When I heard of this game in the works I followed it. I even participated in the closed and open beta's. Well, retail finally came and soon I had a level 44 human paladin, I deleted him because I got bored. I then had a level 14 human rogue, again, I got bored and deleted him. Then I had a level 18 troll shaman, deleted him. I then has a level 12 night elf hunter, deleted him too. I don't know if it's because I know all the zones and stuff too well or what. All I know is I would really like to be able to enjoy playing this game again. Sadly I have tried everything I can think of, I've played every class/race combo since beta and so on and nothing seems to interest me anymore. I now look forward to Guild Wars hoping that it will entertain me for longer. Good luck to the rest of you with gaming in WOW, hope you can continue to have fun.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

This is why I avoided Beta. If you play too much you can burn yourself out.

I am not sure GW will satisfy you now. WoW follows the usual MMO trend and is one of the most polished MMO's out there. Maybe you're just a bit jaded with these kinda games? I get like that if I play too much myself.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Here's a suggestion, stop deleting your characters...

Everyone get a little tired of their character. That's when you play an alt for a while. When you get back to your old one you will appreciate his dirfferences again.

Did you ever get to 60? If so I guess there is really nothing much left for you to explore, as you've been playing for long already. Still, there is Dire Maul now, and Silithus Raid is probably going to be next.

Again, never delete your characters... you get 8 slot for a reason...
Old 03-29-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'd have to agree also about not deleting. Even if you utterly despise your char you truly will eventually go back even if it is just for a look, when you feel like a change. If you still feel the same after a few months you could sell all his stuff and transfer the cash. Still, leave the lvled char there just in case. It is odd, but I have also retired chars swearing never to play them again, only to go back about a month later and level them madly.

[ 03-29-2005, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 03-30-2005, 02:32 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Have fun, we'll continue to enjoy WoW....

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:34 AM   #6
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

May I add that I infact did take a break and it just seemed to make matters worst. And Ziroc, I hope you do enjoy playing WOW, it's a great game. I wish that I could continue to enjoy it as I once had.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

seen this happen a lot with DAoC, I almost succumbed to the old delete as well. Rolled and alt, rolled another alt, well I almost unsubscribed until I met a few people. Now I enjoy the game even in the mundane PvE that is required. I also use a voice chat program called ventrilio which has help the PvP part of the game immensely. I doubt I will ever try WoW though, one mmorpg is enough for me.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:58 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ugh, Argent Dawn and a load of other realms were down for like 20 hours for patch fixes.. grrr..

Blizzard gave everyone 2 free days and 2 full rest bonuses.. Which is cool... GIMMIE 200 gold!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote