Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 04:28 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

bah, Im exceeding annoyed over this... I play as a NG. that means I dont regonise the LAWS of sioity right? now, after listening to this guys tale, I sympethised, and agreed to let him go... and what happens?! I lose my title of Benifactor, and shift 5pts towards evil! why?! as an NG I was acting according to my allingment. I think in his postion, I would have made my char do the same. its just not *right*. According to this guy, the convict, he just wants peace, and to live out the rest of his life as a ranger... whats wrong with that?! Sarevok got a second chance, why shouldnt this guy?! anyway, Im really annoyed at that. what do the rest of you think? should I have killed him? bearing in mind, that I, myself, play as an Elven ranger, NG.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 06:18 PM   #2
DiabloRex
Elminster

argh your right

I am playing the same alignment as you and took the same route, didnt notice that I was going more evil though (and thus losing my title as well)

I dont understand this either, after listening to his tale you should IMO be more evil (and lawful) if you go ahead and kill him. Not be punished on the good/evil scale by letting him go
Old 07-06-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The person himself is evil, if you let him go, it's like he can do more evil on another day.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 10:35 PM   #4
Recluse
Dungeon Master

Did you ever think he played upon your characters kind heart and persuaded you to let him go?? Evil chars'll do that to ya =) lol
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 11:29 PM   #5
Greadius
The Magister

Fortunately I'm neutral-confused so that didn't affect me much, but I had a problem with that alignment situation as well.
The game makes the assumption you are certain they are evil, which, unless you can detect evil (ahem), you can't do. Especially if you're an honorable character you can't kill someone after they surrender... it would have been better to try and arrest him, he fights back, THEN kill him.

They evil might be because you agree to take his ear and decieve old Kedrack with it. I suppose it shows that there are still limitations on CRPGs (although there are only a few intstances I've noticed).
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:28 AM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Recluse:
Did you ever think he played upon your characters kind heart and persuaded you to let him go?? Evil chars'll do that to ya =) lol
Bah, if thats the case, then Sarevok on BGTOB, should have changed your allignment then... everyone deserves a second chance... except maybe Bhaal.. but thats besides the point.. put yourself in HIS postion, wrymns, I mean... would *you* have done differently?
Old 07-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #7
AndyG
Elminster

It's fairly easy to get points back for good. The easiest way is to refuse a reward after a quest.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:58 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

*grins* How do you think I got Lady Aribeth to flatter me in chapter one?
Old 07-08-2002, 09:50 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

joining the dark side err...I mean evil is easy too, just threaten people left and right.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote