Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-21-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Tonight, the Den of Thieves vanquished Cet and banished him to the netherworld. The battle was long and arduous, since nobody in the Den is overly skilled, and finally ended when Janet, armed with the Staff of Death+, swung the snake head upside the Cet head for one final blow.

The Den looted the chests in Cet's room before starting their conversation with him, picking up the Kimono of the Dragon and Lance of the Lady. Nice equipment... now that the game is over [img]smile.gif[/img]

At the end, four of the Den (Stripes, Slinky, Miss Piggy, and Janet) were still Boogreized. Digger took the promotion to assassin, Janet to Zenmaster, and Stripes to Valkyrie. Zenmasters can indeed learn every single spell school, even if they've never learned them before; previously, I thought they only picked up a couple of them. Janet progressed to level seven in Moon and Stone, and level 6 in Sun and Spirit.

Getting all that magic at the end made things a whole lot easier. And when Stripes came in, learning Spirit and Stone as a Valkyrie, it just got even easier.

A fun game... an enjoyable game. I'm now reinstalling the game, since my graphics got screwy after I switched vid cards in the middle. And sure enough, Tech Tips and the manual both say to do a reinstall after putting in a new vid card...

On for the next...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #2
Sharde
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bungleau [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hey, good job there! I'll have to tell you of my adventures once they're completed [img]smile.gif[/img]

This is actually my second time playing; though the first time I only made it half-way through Shurugeon before my computer had a fatal crash and I had to get a new one (on warantee, thank goodness)

This second time 'round, I've used that unlimited money trick, which makes character skill advancemnents a little more potent (and the salads a little easier the first time!)

Sharde
Old 05-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well, "congratulations" is hardly a suitable phrase for someone who has completed the game a dozen times. So I hope you will settle for a "thank you" for sharing your story and your new disacoveries with us. It has been much appreciated.