Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
Shadow Stranger

Default Eye of the Beholder v1.9

This is an unofficial version of EoB1, which seeks to fill in the blanks of vacant spaces in the official version of EoB1.
Description (as given at http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/eye/eye.html)
"Eye of the Beholder (v1.9 [Unofficial version adds paths to unfinished areas, includes a stone gem for the stone portal and more.])"
Download from:
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/c...ye/EotB1_9.zip

All Seeing Eye can be used with it.
Universal Game Editor should work with it too.

It won't run on recent operating systems, so it must be run from DosBox. The config file for DosBox, dosbox-0.74.conf, should end like this:
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
# You can put your MOUNT lines here.
MOUNT C C:\OldGames
C:
cd C:\EotB.1_9
start1.exe

(This assumes the address is: C:\OldGames\EotB.1_9\)

I can't install preferences permamently, so when the game asks about graphics, sound and mouse, I just type: 4,2,y. Then I press Esc to skip the opening cinematics.

Quitting the game leads back to the DosBox main screen. Then, to close DosBox, just type exit and then press Enter.

What is it like? I don't know, I haven't played the custom bits yet.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Eye of the Beholder v1.9

Custom parts are basically just empty space with one dagger and one ration pack. Very undeveloped indeed.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote