Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-10-2018, 11:13 PM   #1
Shadow Stranger

Sunglass Man Wizards & Warriors is available at Gog!

Wizards & Warriors is finally available at Gog games, this has finally happened!
Gog version of the game has all the bugs and idiosyncrasies of the original game, which it probably is.
Normal Gog format is to run the game from DosBox, a copy of which is supplied in the download. So here there are no CDs because there is no need for them.
(Here there is no need for DosBox because the game dates from 2000.)
Price is US$6, should attract a lot of buyers. See:
https://www.gog.com/game/wizards_warriors

Gog has its own Wizards and Warriors forum:
https://www.gog.com/forum/wizards_and_warriors

Monster data file is an Excel 97-2003 Worksheet. I would not call it a spoiler myself.
To open and use it, try Excel or the Open Office freeware program Calc. Link is:
https://www.freewebs.com/ishadnha/W&W%20Monsters.zip

There are plenty of other spreadsheets too...
Some spreadsheets feature gaps in their decryption because not all entries could be understood.

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 09-19-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Add new link to Gog forum
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Falling on Floor Laughing Re: Wizards & Warriors is available at Gog!

I grabbed a copy and am giving it a try. So far, the game desperately needs a "pick up all loot" option!

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Wizards & Warriors is available at Gog!

We all wanted a "pick up all loot" option!!
Old 11-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hello friends,

Been a long time (almost 20 years) but I found W&W on GoG a few weeks ago and had to download it. I still have my original CD and some save files but hadn't played the game since 2001 or so. Wouldn't you know that I forgot just about everything...just a few things came back but it was pretty much like starting from scratch.

I came back here and found so many good tips that I had forgotten...many of which were from posts that I'd made personally that I'd also completely forgotten (I'm not a young man anymore, lol). Unfortunately I was already into the game and messed a few things up (mainly guild memberships)...but despite that it was a great trip down memory lane.

Got my party all the way to the end with super characters and killed Cet once for fun (not too exciting) and debating another playthrough. Kind of fun running around with 6 Assassins who all have every spellbook mastered except Stone (save for one). Pretty amazing how well this game holds up all these years later. I got back into Wiz 8 a few years ago but stopped about halfway through the game...will have to finish that one too eventually.

Anyway..looks like a few folks are still around from the olden days...I still can't believe that this forum is still here. Thank you to Ziroc for helping me restore my account and I'll try to pop in now and then.

-Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Great to see you, Scronan!!

I also got the game off of GOG, but really haven't had time to play. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your play through and think the game held up very well!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #6
Shadow Stranger

It is a good thing that W&W is available again. There was no way to obtain it except for used specimens for sale on eBay. That assumes that any were for sale at all.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #7
doomogamer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is so nice that the game is available again. AND that I have my account here restored...
doomogamer is offline   Reply With Quote