Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-30-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As you may know, some of us will be participating in a second set of IRC meetings to discuss which options 3DO game fans and site owners have for working (and playing) together. This will be open to 3DO related community site owners, admins, moderators and members alike.

We only have a very rough idea of which areas will be discussed, but each meeting will be split into two parts, with the first covering independant site cooperation options, and the latter covering the central site (2 hours later).

There is a thread in the "Suggestion Box" section of the Wysards' Realm community, where guests and members may post comments and suggestions.

Please note that you are not required to register at Wysards' Realm to join in that thread, and the planned community which will be created based on decisions made at these meetings will be on the X3DO.com domain.

There will be 3 meetings, as follows:-

Meeting 1:-

Saturday 5th June at 9:00 PM GMT
Saturday 5th June at 10:00 PM BST
Saturday 5th June at 5:00 PM EDT
Saturday 5th June at 2:00 PM PDT

Meeting 2:-

Sunday 6th June at 2:00 AM GMT
Sunday 6th June at 3:00 AM BST
Saturday 5th June at 10:00 PM EDT
Saturday 5th June at 7:00 PM PDT

Meeting 3:-

Sunday 6th June at 7:00 PM GMT
Sunday 6th June at 8:00 PM BST
Sunday 6th June at 3:00 PM EDT
Sunday 6th June at 12:00 PM PDT

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time
BST = British Summer Time
EDT = Eastern Daylight (savings) Time
PDT = Pacific Daylight (savings) Time

If you're unsure how to convert to/from GMT, use this Time Zone Converter site:-
http://www.timezoneconverter.com

Please note that these times are for the first part of each meeting, which will cover topics relating to independant site cooperation. The second part which covers the central (X3DO) site starts 2 hours later.

I have registered a channel on the SorceryNet servers, so I suggest that anyone interested in attending find out a little more about their rules and/or check their general IRC information pages if you have not used either before.

They provide a Java chat client on their site, and I have now also set up forms in the new Chat section of the X3DO site.

It makes little difference which you actually use, as they all run from the script on their site, but the versions I added join the correct channel for you, and are available for different resolution screens.

In the spirit of cooperation, I also encourage other community and site owners to add the code to a page on their own site (see the "how to connect" section for details).

Apparently, mIRC is pre-configured to connect to SorceryNet, but other IRC clients may not be. Server details can be found on the SorceryNet site though.

The channel is named #x3do (ex-3DO).
Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

My, my, getting very serious here aren't we?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #3
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Serious enough to spend a large chunk of change on domain registration and a vBulletin license, yes.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:22 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I don't understand what any of this has to do with Ironworks. you started your statement with as you know.
Well I haven't got the slightest idea what your talking about.
Maybe if you could explain what the heck your talking aboutTo us we or, should I say I may find it worth my time and money to join in. From what you have written it makes no sence to me what your trying to get from all these meetings or how it has anything to do with Ironworks or even why you would post it here. Thank you.

Please don't take this as a slam or as A cut at you. I really don't know what you want and I play almost 40 different games on line at a cost of almost $200.00 per month for some of the group.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:47 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

TheCrimsomBlade, you'll understand the " feeling " if you are an ex 3do community board / forum member. you know 3do, the company that made might and magic series that gone kaput.

Wysandry, I've read the log of the first meeting ( I missed it because I don't know the local time ), sadly to say I see that it is almost going nowhere. I didn't see any real old ex 3do members there ( or are they using another nick? ). so do you think this second meeting will produce any noticeable results?

btw, isn't promoting other forum sites is against Ironworksforum rules?
Old 05-31-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TheCrimsomBlade: I started with "As you may know..." because I previously posted here with a longer explanation prior to the first set of meetings.

I'm not asking for any money, unless you meant you pay for your connection time, which I have no control over one way or the other.

If you wish to learn more about this project, without leaving these forums, my previous post is here.

The only connection it has with Ironworks is that at least one series published by 3DO is likely to be popular with a lot of people here (Might and Magic). That's a stronger connection than most topics in the general discussion forum.

Kakero: Yes, the first meetings were confused, because many people didn't know what the idea behind the project was, and everyone had a different reason for being there.

This time they should have a clearer understanding of where we're heading, and each meeting is split into two so that the main topics are separated.

Hopefully, this will mean that those interested in just one topic won't be trying to push the conversation towards what they want to talk about.

I'm not sure who you know from 3do.com, but although they didn't show on the logs to any great extent, Bones and Chlala from TELP's Tavern were there, Angelspit from Celestial Heavens and Lady Ann from The Tower Tavern dropped by after the logs end and SirGalrim from MMT was recording his own logs to read later.

Sorknes from MMT was at all three meetings, and SirFelgar (again from MMT) and I had a further meeting on Thursday.

As for promoting other forums, as I mentioned before, registration is not required to post in the "Suggestion Box" nor to use the IRC channel.

The X3DO site doesn't have any forums yet (that's one of the areas to be covered in these meetings).

None of the moderators seemed to have a problem with me mentioning it before, and I have no problem with my own members linking to here (which they have done at least once).

I'm also perfectly willing to answer any questions here. It's just easier if people read the background material at my own site first so that I don't have to repeat myself as much (or bore people that don't want to know the details).
Old 05-31-2004, 03:43 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Thanks for your explaining what X3DO is about and the link to your first post. I have many of the old 3DO games I just get Mental Blocks now and then and didn't put 3DO & X3DO together. I never objected to you posting about it here, I just Had no Idea what you were talking about.
Now that I have an Idea what the post is about I will try to check out one of the meetings to see what your goals are.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:59 AM   #8
Wysardry
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah, well the X3DO name wasn't mentioned in the last post because it wasn't finalised until the meetings.

I figured that anyone that had been following our progress would recognise the name, but didn't anticipate that those that didn't might read the post out of curiosity (I thought they would just ignore it).

A rough outline of our initial goals for the X3DO site are currently listed on its home page (follow the link in my first post above).

In addition, we're hoping to convince other 3DO sites and communities to form independant cooperative groups, rather than competing with each other.

So far, only sites and communities relating to the Might and Magic world (MM, HoMM, LoMM etc.) seem to want to get involved, but that's mostly due to the fact that I don't know of many sites that cover other 3DO games, so they're mostly unaware that we're doing this.