Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well, everything is almost done. All Hardware is in the machine! I had to go out and buy a NEW Hard Drive, I wanted 2 Drives in the machine so I can have the Server do a daily backup. It's also a 7200RPM Drive, so it's fast. (I REALLY wanted to go with a SCSI setup, and buy one of those 18 gig 15,000RPM Drives!! WHOA!, but those are ALONE $1200) we'll be fine.

I had to drop XP and go with Windows 2000. XP Pro only allows 1 web server, and I plan on adding my tgeweb.com site to this server too.

I'm telling you guys, this machine screams. I will admit, I have taken 2 days 'off' because I am SO worn out--the new meds for pain are not working well, and I go see the Doc this Friday. I WANTED to do a April Fool's joke on this site, but I just didn't have the energy. That REALLY sucked too, It would have been a GOOD joke! (I may show you what I was going to do when I feel better!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, I can't lie, I have been playing Dunegon Siege. 2 words--Buy it!!!

All I have to do now is drive over to my friends ISP Shop and hook it up, and set up the IP, and DNS server and records.. It'll be this week.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-02-2002, 04:26 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Ah, that's good news indeed!
...As for that April Fool's joke, it better would have been a really good one, as I've only stumbled upon incredibly bad ones so far.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:27 PM   #3
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'll just take this opportunity to say...
*ahem* Woooooooooooohoooooooooo!!! Yessss!
*cough* now, where was I, oh yeah, cheers Ziroc!
Old 04-02-2002, 04:30 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

Good news about the server...

I bet the April fools would be:

When you load the forums, you get a msg saying:

"I regret to inform you that all data, including posts, member names, passwords, and post counts have been deleted.

Please sign up again.

Thanks,

Z"

That'd be a bastard...but funny!
Old 04-02-2002, 04:34 PM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel

Or...
'Sorry, but this website no longer exists, and the administrator wishes to inform you that it never will be open again.
By reading this message, you forfeit your right to visit any forum ever again, and you have been given a computer-crippling virus.
Have a nice day! '

Though when I think about it, it is a tad unrealistic.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Good news about the server...

I bet the April fools would be:

When you load the forums, you get a msg saying:

"I regret to inform you that all data, including posts, member names, passwords, and post counts have been deleted.

Please sign up again.

Thanks,

Z"

That'd be a bastard...but funny!
LOL! Na, nothing like that, I'll show you. it's something REALLY.... um... I'll just spring it on you this week or next.. call it a 'late' April Fool's joke.

It's actually 2 different things...

(On a Gaming note: Dungeon Siege is VERY stable, and you can alt-tab out of it very fast--pause it and alt-tabbing out is nice, and some games choke when you do this, not DS!)

Old 04-02-2002, 04:48 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Just wanted to add--Thank you ALL for your patience in this server upgrade, I know it's a pain in the ass, with seeing the 'Site has exceeded the resource limit' thing.

I can't even get to the Forum when it says this. SUCKS!!!! lol. Thank you all for hanging in there, we'll DEFINITELY need this server because of games like Dungeon Siege, NWN, Arx Fatalis, Morrowind and the new Might and Magic game.

It'll be SO busy here! (Dungeon Siege comes out on the 5th in the USA, and soon after the rest of the world!!).

Old 04-02-2002, 04:51 PM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Well, everything is almost done. All Hardware is in the machine! I had to go out and buy a NEW Hard Drive, I wanted 2 Drives in the machine so I can have the Server do a daily backup. It's also a 7200RPM Drive, so it's fast. (I REALLY wanted to go with a SCSI setup, and buy one of those 18 gig 15,000RPM Drives!! WHOA!, but those are ALONE $1200) we'll be fine.

I had to drop XP and go with Windows 2000. XP Pro only allows 1 web server, and I plan on adding my tgeweb.com site to this server too.

I'm telling you guys, this machine screams. I will admit, I have taken 2 days 'off' because I am SO worn out--the new meds for pain are not working well, and I go see the Doc this Friday. I WANTED to do a April Fool's joke on this site, but I just didn't have the energy. That REALLY sucked too, It would have been a GOOD joke! (I may show you what I was going to do when I feel better!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, I can't lie, I have been playing Dunegon Siege. 2 words--Buy it!!!

All I have to do now is drive over to my friends ISP Shop and hook it up, and set up the IP, and DNS server and records.. It'll be this week.
Tommorrow Guys...
Soon Guys...
Monday, I Promise...
Nearly There Guys...
Few More Days...
Tomorrow, I Swear...

Quit Making Us Wait In Suspence Dan!!
Old 04-02-2002, 04:55 PM   #9
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Thank you very VERY much Z-man! I am terribly sorry to hear that your pain meds are not very helpful, that is most distressing. Dan, you know we really appreciate everything you have done to keep the 'ole blue' and new IW up and running for us all this time. . You're awesome man, please take it easy. New server sounds wonderful, but we need you more, okay! Whenever it's ready is fine, no pressure. . Would be nice to see what that 'mind' of yours had in store for us as an April Fool's joke, if and when you decided to post it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2002, 05:01 PM   #10
Talthyr Malkaviel

"Tommorrow Guys...
Soon Guys...
Monday, I Promise...
Nearly There Guys...
Few More Days...
Tomorrow, I Swear...

Quit Making Us Wait In Suspence Dan!!"

Admit it Binky, you love the suspense really!