Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 02:38 PM   #31
Lily the Ranger

Ah, the Stout Mines . . . we love those hallowed halls so well . . . NOT! I was searching for Ziroc's thread on NEW SMILIES and have to start at the end of the alphabet . . . do you realise how many threads start with Stout Mines (and end with things like #@%&^$).

Lily the Ranger: "Just once, Alaric, I wish you would stop and ask for directions."

Alaric the Paladin: "Oh? Perhaps, the tremendous concussion from the dwarven bombs will blow you in the right direction, My Lady."

Just a little testy, are we? Poor Mussy, she inhaled an incredible amount of noxious fumes and went a bit crazy . . . stole the king's key and ran amok in his vault and the treasury. Upon leaving the others were horrified to discover the extra weight in their packs to be several bars of gold and other treasures. And the way she talked Talon into following her down to the secret tunnel and killing Raskallion. That place can put a bit of a strain on relations.

Old 01-07-2001, 03:42 PM   #32
adam mage

to go down the ladder
I'll try to describe it as best as I can...
ok go to the ladder, turn around, look up to the middle of the ceiling/sky, back up a bit, and push the 'down' button or walk 'down'...

as for killing the butterflies

I killed birds, glowflies, rats, roaches, and butterflies with the 'Shock' spell

TAOQ: >ZAP!
Erin: why are you killing all these innocent animals and bugs?
TAOQ: aw come on! I was killing time! you're the one who wants to be monk....
Erin: how can I help it that I have to be unarmed and unclothed for two days?
Morik: shut up you guys! what's that up ahead?
Adam: it's... it's... a mantrap! oh sh-
Erin: RUN!
Old 01-08-2001, 12:16 AM   #33
Efreeti_Genie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK.. I made a quick slide through the jokes, and I think I might have a few semi-humorous ones.

What can a mage do when he has no hands?
(...fizzles)(...fizzles) ??, I wonder why it won't work?

Ever hear of a gentle dwarf?
*A little dwarf wearing full combat armor prances around a field full of daisies and butterflies*

Your horse gets drunk..
Whoa! Where in the hell is this horse going? Isn't that Mantrap Cavern?..

A singing Amozoni Mantrap (like in "The Little Shop of Horrors")

A Boogre apprentice.
(Why in the hell won't this moron get it right?) Me say whack stick on head, and dance in circle. Then you drink Boogre Stew and you all ready to fight beast.

A Boogre Monk

An Assassin Amozoni Mantrap
(What is that hiding up their in the trees?) AH!! My legs are on fire!

A Giraffe Character (Giraf)
Aha, now I have the height advantage! You can't hurt me with your rusted swords!

A pixie with a full plate mail on
(Don't make me sprinkle my pixie dust on you. *Right after I get my armor off..*)

Well that's about it..
I don't think most of these will get you to laugh, maybe cry because they are so pathetic. But I did like the Boogre Monk and Amazoni Mantrap Singer.

Efreeti_Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 12:47 AM   #34
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Efreeti_Genie - I laughed!!

and the thought of a Boogre on the Monk QUEST (for 2 days) made me laugh harder! (does that make me cruel??)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #35
adam mage

when the heck am I gonna learn to step way back when using 'Flamestrike'?

I made that mistake about 9 times now .....
Old 01-08-2001, 02:50 PM   #36
Lily the Ranger

Efreeti - what a wonderful thread! I for one can see the sensitive dwarf . . . perhaps, with a garland of daisies adorning his helm . . . approaching the barbarian gourk and saying, "We need to work on our relationship; we never talk any more." and from the first MOMENT I caught a glimpse of the mantrap I heard: Feed me, Seymour!

Perhaps, Oscar Madison from the Odd Couple: "Not another rusty sword. My fingers are raw from all this polishing. Damn Identify Item spell!" Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

I am sorry . . . cant get a visual on the boogre monk . . . er, wont . . .

Boogre thief: "Me pick . . . me pick . . . nose . . . ewww . . . no lock." Fails *flamestrike spell explodes* "Where everybody go?"

Instructions, we don't need no stinking instructions!
Old 01-08-2001, 03:10 PM   #37
Serath
Manshoon

OK, think about a male monk-in-training, running naked as a jaybird through the hills. Now what happens when your party decides to swim across one of those cold mountain lakes?

Hmm, that's about the worst case of shrinkage I can imagine...

Serath
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 03:20 PM   #38
Dwarf

Actually I did have the pleasure of watching Gertha Drin (the party gnome) as a Boogre Assassin, ex Ninja, ex Rougue! Adam, concerning Flamestrike, at least you haven't done it with Meteor and a tenth level party(whenever that happened at least four people where generally dead).Also the irresistable Boogre Thief.

Boogre thief: What that?
Other party member: It's a lock.
Boogre: What lock do?
Other : STops us getting shinny thingies.
Boogre: But shinny thingies is bad,are you gold taker?
Other: No.
Boogre: Good.
Other: shall we get back to the lock?
Boogre: What that thing there?
Other: I already told you, it's a lock?
Boogre: What lock for?
Other: For us to open.Come on, get on with it.
Boogre: Me know how to open locky thing.
Other: Good (smiles hopefully).
Boogre: Me got big club!!!!!!
Rest of party: NO! Don't do it!

SMASH,CRASH,WHALLOP,BOOM.

Boogre: Ow, my head hurt,locks is bad, locks go in da cage (starts putting tresaure chest in the cage).
Other: We're going to have to do something about him......
Old 01-08-2001, 03:30 PM   #39
Dwarf

A party of adventureres are wandering along a long dungeon passage (this one happened a few years ago and is worth telling).
Barbarian: Hey, you remember when we was travelling with that clever bloke?
Thief: Huh?
Barbarian: They called him a wise 'ard because his wisdom was well 'ard and made 'him good.
Thief: Oh him.
Barbarian: Well remember how he did magic things like say "that wall's an illussion".Well I've just been thinking, I can do magic too, it's really easy, look.
Thief: Oh dear.
Barbarian:This wall is an ill ussion look (he craned back his neck).Hnnh yarrr hah!
{Nutt! Crack!)
the barbarians voice echoed town the tunnel : Cleric!
Old 01-08-2001, 03:52 PM   #40
Moni

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
Dwarf, LOVE your Boogre Thief!
Your Barbarian & the wall...LOL, I actually know people who would have tried it too!
HA HA HA HA HA! On second thought~that's kinda scary!
Efreeti_Genie, I too saw "Audrey" from "Little Shop Of Horrors" how funny!

The Gentle Dwarf , HA HA I see he wears a freindship bracelet!

Great threads, thanks for the laughs!