Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Because now that I think about it, about 5 days ago, he was going crazy on the bed--does 360's on it playing, and he slammed into the PC desk's edge/side (he can't see, but usually never runs into things- he is amazing. He takes corners running, leaps onto the bed and play.

Well, a few days ago, as I said, smacked into the desk side (wood) and I knew it hurt, and saw his front lower jaw hit it. I opened his lips, and the same side that is swollen was where he hit it. (he had a tiny bit of bloody on his lower k9 (fang) [img]smile.gif[/img] he acted like nothing happened. just a tiny spot of blood, and it was fine.

What I am wondering is could he have caused a tiny fracture in his jawbone? That, I AM SURE causes swelling. [img]smile.gif[/img] And the vet didn't do xrays, because we thought it was the tooth--which he said didn't look too bad, but needed cleaning. So hmmmmmm

What do you do with tiny fractures of the jaw? let them heal? (for a cat)..
I'll google and see what I can find..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Let us know his progress as things come along, Z. We are all rooting for Choc over here.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I suppose that would be considerred a lucky break. It's not uncommon for experts to be entirely wrong. I had a tech support guy tell me I needed to spend 20-some dollars on new drivers to get my computer to connect to the internet, when my friend's dad got it to work in 5 minutes. BTW, the word is "canine."
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

I guess with cats and small fractures just leaving them to heal themselves might be the best option, obviously depending how severe it is.

If Gemmel's about he might know the score (he's got cat experience)

either way Ziroc hope Choc makes a speedy recovery tho he is a badass and I'm sure he will [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Poor Choc
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I would definitely talk to the vet about what happend, Z! It could help the vet determine what to do for Choc and how to get him up and healthy the fastest way possible!
Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Cloudbringer beat me to it. I'd definitely give the vet this information. That way he/she can x-ray. It is only better to cover all your bases. And like Madman-Rogovich says, often carts will take time to heal.

In many ways animals know what to do better than we do. Keep us informed.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Definitely give the vet this piece of info. Being able to narrow things down to a source of injury makes it a lot easier.

In any case, I hope Choc's doing better soon. I'm not sure what you could do for a broken jaw... the typical treatment for a broken bone is to immobilize it so it can heal. How do you do that with a cat's jaw?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Definitely give the vet this piece of info. Being able to narrow things down to a source of injury makes it a lot easier.

In any case, I hope Choc's doing better soon. I'm not sure what you could do for a broken jaw... the typical treatment for a broken bone is to immobilize it so it can heal. How do you do that with a cat's jaw?
I dunno [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm just guessing it could be a slight micro fracture, because this looks/feels like swelling now. (its not a knot anymore, its a now swollen a bit around his left jawbone.. so yeah, if he doesn't eat tomorrow, he has to go back Monday (I guess for liquid food IV). We will do anything we can to get him through this. Shit, if I was rich, I would hire a vet to stay HERE with him why hes sick!! [img]smile.gif[/img] alas... [img]smile.gif[/img]

He slept most of the day, He IS alert, and moving his tail. And when I went to lay down for a nap (was up all night with him last night) I laid him down next to me under the covers and he started purring a little bit. making me cry, damn it. lol... so I would guess he is doing well, just hurts bad to move his mouth, and so he doesn't want to eat/drink. *but an hour ago he did pee* so where did that come from? Maybe he snuck a drink while I was napping.. (Donna watched him while I was out). -- wanna take shifts while shes off for weekend.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll keep you updated! Send prays [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Aw Give him an extra cuddle from me. Hope he gets through this ok.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote