Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2004, 08:21 AM   #11
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

well... supose that's true...

but if it gets you a diploma with you doing nothing...

worth it?
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:37 AM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

LOL...but not a diploma. A CPA certification. It's been a LONG time since I've been in high school.

Yep, guess I should stop complaining and just go get it over with.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-24-2004, 12:30 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hopefully there aren't videos in this training mix, or it could get really nasty

I'd fast forward as much as possible, and keep something else going in the background. Say, that term paper that needs to be completed... that would be working on both classes, wouldn't it?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hopefully there aren't videos in this training mix, or it could get really nasty

I'd fast forward as much as possible, and keep something else going in the background. Say, that term paper that needs to be completed... that would be working on both classes, wouldn't it?
Actually, each one of the lessons is an interactive video (has audio, animation on the screen, and you click on stuff when they ask you to). In other words, it goes into a narrative about what the Back button does on your browser, has a sample screen out there with stuff lighting up while it talks, then asks you to push the Back key on the sample screen.

No term paper in this class; you just have to take the tests (and by the new legislation in place, you must pass each and every section with a 70% or higher or you fail the entire course; I guess that's why they make you do all of the modules first). In my Corporate Tax class, that is another story. We have to do a sample corporation's tax returns, including how to "optimize" their deductions (i.e. save them the most money).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 01-24-2004, 11:49 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh dear, you're doomed, Nerull! LOL! Boredom is just a few lessons away! Well, it's just one class, so hang in there!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:28 AM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I agree with Cloudy... you're doomed

Best advice I can give now is to stock up on pizza and mountain dew... you're going to need it
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #17
Nerull
Lord Ao

LOL...well, the hard part is motivating myself to start. Once I sit down and start doing it, I'm actually pretty good at turning my brain off and just going with it (survival skill I picked up at work ).