Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 08:54 PM   #101
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[ooc: Thanks, Deiter. It is already much better... back then, I couldn't even lie on my back or sit down at all and it was pure hell without painkillers (I didn't want to rely on them). What I find ironic is how Mistral can fight so competently while I'm in my condition here...hehehe...]

~In the silence of the room, Isabeau continues to watch her favourite companions: her beloved mistress, and this man of obviously lower intelligence. Aware of the tension in Mistral, she remains perched on the window ledge, waiting for the man's response... ~

Old 10-29-2001, 09:03 PM   #102
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am here...!
Let me have a chance to get caught up a little...
Hey Mistral...do the boys need more baddies to bash while we converse???
Let me see what I can cook up...hehe
Old 10-29-2001, 09:05 PM   #103
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Hearing more buzzing sounds in her ear, she finally manages to open her eyes. To her alarm, she finds herself lying against a wide-awake Larry. Hurriedly, she raises herself up, blushing furiously. The previous night's dream is still fresh in her memory... ~ This is my chance to speak...~

With an effort, she raises her line of vision to meet Larry's gaze ~ "I...I have hurt your feelings, Larry... time and again...I can't say how sorry I am..." ~ She clenches her fists ~ "I...I like your company. Very much..." ~ Her breathing becomes more rapid ~ "...b..but...I'm so scared..." ~ She swallows a gulp ~ "G..Give me a chance...t..to..." ~ Her hands begin to shake ~ "...to...make it up to you..." ~

Never in her life has she lost her nerve such as now. The colour of her face alternates between white and red. She lowers her lashes and tilts her head downwards. Her whole frame begins to shake, as the pounding of her heart thunders in her ears.
"Mistral...dear...please!, just uhh...have a seat in that chair there and relax.
What is the matter?
You seem rather anxious to tell me something but you don't know if you want to say it.
Just relax...
Would you like for me to tell you what I feel about the whole thing?"

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 09:15 PM   #104
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
do the boys need more baddies to bash while we converse???
ooc: Yep

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-29-2001, 09:20 PM   #105
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Suddenly, the man with his arm in a sling stands up. He points to Sephi with his good arm and screams, That's him! He's the one who broke my arm! As a veritable army of angry patrons stands up, weilding their clubs, Sephi backs up against the door, wimpering for help. There were at least twenty of them, maybe more, and Sephi knew that he wasn't good enough to take them on by himself. Then suddenly, he remembers something. Reaching into his pack, he pulls out a bottle labeled 'for emergency use only'. Well, this is a pretty big damn emergency.

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 09:21 PM   #106
mistral4543

In a daze, she presses her hand against the bed to steady herself. Slowly, she trudges to the chair and sits on it. Her hands clasp and unclasp subconsciously, and her head lowers her head, half in shame and half in fright.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:26 PM   #107
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter held his scimitar out in front of him looking at the mob of people then at Sephi."Damn this don't look good bud..."

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."
Old 10-29-2001, 09:30 PM   #108
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The fact is...the man that Larry had thrown against the wall that had stood up to stop him from leaving without paying the barkeep was actually the younger brother of the leader of a small band of mercernaries, living in the town. (he ws not a member, himself, thus untrained).

Sephi will begin to recognize some of them, as his character knows others of his kind, at least by word of mouth, if not in person. He may have met some of them in town as well.

The three(or thanks to Deiter, 4) mercenaries that have been slain were to have returned and reported back in a certain length of time. The Innkeeper is actually hired through them as an informant, and has notified the clan of the loss of more members to their group.

Suddenly, four men are standing in the room, seemingly from nowhere...in the window at the other end of the hall, you see a rope being fed down from the roof. A door opens just a crack down the hall, and you cannot see who is inside. The air is seemingly tingling with anticipation...and maybe magic in the process of being called upon...

ooc...you guys wanna have some fun? These guys are tougher...and more numerous than before...and since the Innkeeper is being payed under the table...not a word of this is going to leak public...so no worries about guards...
Old 10-29-2001, 09:32 PM   #109
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

As the mob closed in, Sephiroth uncorked the bottle. GET BACK! He knocked Deiter back with his free hand, then chunked the bottle near the back of the crowd. It exploded, the fire raging and the sound booming through the tavern. Many of the attackers were killed, and any survivors were badly burned. Fire was spreading along the wooden tavern interior, and Sephi quickly gave a call for any mage to cast a water spell in here. The inkeeper, who wanted nothing to do with this, was running into the basement now, trying to avoid the flames and the cinders that came with them.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:33 PM   #110
mistral4543

(ooc: Mistral sits in blissful ignorance of the rampage going out there...and she's staying put in the room till it's all over )