Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2001, 11:27 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Events of this past day have been getting me down. I had 17 emails today from various people alerting me to various issues, I imagine Saz, Ziroc and Ertai would have received a few too.

It's enough to drive one to alcohol!!

What's happened to our forum?

But I refuse to get down!! I will NOT let this overcome me. Will you??

I want to attach a post by Wolfgir here, to me this typified who we used to be, and who we can be again. Here it is, from the heart, from a member who has been there through the good and the bad, from the start. What he wrote touched my heart.

This is a flame-extinguisher thread.
This is also a plea to everybody to try to be civil towards each other.
This is a thread made because I like this place.
This is a thread that has alot of feelings of anger and sorrow I canīt write down,
I donīt want people to get banned, or to move away from this forum.
This is a thread that says" we canīt all love each other, but we can try to be civil and avoid unnecessary fights".
This is a thread that I have to read as well as you.
This is a thread that is trying to tell us all that we need to be extra careful towards each other.
This is also a thread that tries to say, sorry, please forgive me.
This is a thread that tries to tell you all to calm down, this is a thread that wants you to think one extra time of IW as a place for everybody.
This is a thread to try to take us back to the IW that we all care for. A place that is made by us all.
So if I have annoyed anyone, been senseless in any post. Donīt be angry, tell me why you got angry. And accept my "sorry".

----- by Wolfgir

We are composed of many peoples, from all nationalities, all walks of life. We have so many points of view, so many opinions, and each of us can learn from all these opinions. This is a blessing!! Only in differences of opinion can we learn more about how we feel the way we do about certain things.

So let's all post on this thread, once or twice, just to show our support for our forum. OUR Ironworks. This is OUR rally to show that we are NOT going to let these events drive us apart. We will become CLOSER and TRUST each other more, even if we don't always agree with each other. And we will ALWAYS treat each other with respect, even if that means swallowing our pride sometimes. NO MATTER WHAT, WE STICK TOGETHER!!!!!

That which does not break us, makes us stronger!!

Now let me hear it from you! Smile and be happy, we are among friends here.

(limited ing is allowed on this thread as long as it is in support of the sentiments Wolfie has so eloquently articulated above - sorry Z but I felt it had to be done)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old 09-17-2001, 11:29 AM   #2
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I still like to come here, but I am stipped of two honors....... which will take an arm and a leg to get back to where I once was.......... it isnt easy being a drow with a big nose........

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-17-2001, 11:31 AM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

IW

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-17-2001, 11:31 AM   #4
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The Ironworks, It's members and It's moderators, Rule. Period.

------------------

Within the jungle of my deepest emotion,
With a coat resplendant in a golden sheen,
Swiftly hunting my tender love,
Stalks the regal, Feline Queen
Old 09-17-2001, 11:34 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

I support what has been written here by Memnoch & Wolfgir! I believe it has been also said by Saz and the other Mods.

There is so much potential for meaningful dialog that gets lost because facial expressions can't be seen and smilies can be misread.

I think if you type with your heart and your mind and not just your hands, we will be okay!

Mark
Old 09-17-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
Conan

Yee Haaa! You guys are the best!

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 09-17-2001, 11:35 AM   #7
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I've only been here a couple of weeks, but already I've grown very fond of all of you. I've seen y'all support each other in times of need and distress and I've seen y'all poke fun at each other. It's like a great big extended family and I LOVE you guys!!!

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *
Old 09-17-2001, 11:35 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
I still like to come here, but I am stipped of two honors....... which will take an arm and a leg to get back to where I once was.......... it isnt easy being a drow with a big nose........

Doesn't matter, Gwhanos, we still love you!! Nobody said that the rank stripping was permanent, did they?

Memnoch and Gwhanos...

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 11:37 AM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

Oh by the way. For some reason I smile when I see the "Thank You For Posting" message when I hit the submit button. It makes me feel like my thoughts are truly appreciated here. Maybe it's just me...I'm odd that way. I am very thankful for the Ironworks and its Forums!

Use them don't abuse them!

Mark
Old 09-17-2001, 11:39 AM   #10
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Oh by the way. For some reason I smile when I see the "Thank You For Posting" message when I hit the submit button. It makes me feel like my thoughts are truly appreciated here. Maybe it's just me...I'm odd that way. I am very thankful for the Ironworks and its Forums!

Use them don't abuse them!

Mark
Oh yes, I like that, too! But remember, Mark to always...SUBMIT!!!! OK. There, I feel better now. There's my 'limited '

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. Occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy *