Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-26-2001, 03:22 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001902.html

the previous thread is here
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/002575.html

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reptuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 08-26-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 03:34 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow! I cannot believe I am the first to post on this! Hi, everybody. I have been pretty busy lately. In case I haven't said so before, it is good to be back up and running. Good to see most everybody back too. So what is up?

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 08-26-2001, 03:37 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Reeka! Good to see you too! I'm having a quiet afternoon, but had company til a few hours ago. Got laundry to do and am procrastinating!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 08-26-2001, 03:45 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Awww... I'd hoped we'd get up to 1000 in the previous post. Anyway, Hi Cloudy!!!!! I just returned from the bunny thread and am still affected . *Looks around* Nice place, I see you've cleaned the cake and the JeromevsTheFluffy War off. A fennel tea please (I need to relax, SCHOOL AGAIN TOMORROW )
I'm proud of having got the 200th post in the last thread (the one where I got my sig working)

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 03:46 PM   #5
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Reeka, Hi Cloudy

Hello all!

I'm certainly up for some procrastinating - it seems to be something I do very well, and what better place to do it!

It was pretty dull and dismal here today but now things have cleared up a bit and it looks like it's going to be a clear, clean and smooth evening. I can only hope y'all are enjoying similar weather.

Now I shall sit here and recover from that absurd 'bunny' thread.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-27-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 03:47 PM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*sigh*

I'm trying to see how long i can put off doing my homework, due for tommorrow.

The life of a teenager huh?

------------------
THE PUFF RETURNS!
Old 08-26-2001, 03:49 PM   #7
Kaz

I nearly forgot... Mouse, that site you had in the last thread is just SADISTIC. You should be ashamed of yourself! Poor *cough cough* Neil!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 03:56 PM   #8
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
*sigh*

I don't envy you at all. Homework is one thing I really don't miss about school. And I was just like that, putting it off until the last possible minute. If I had homework due in on the last few periods of the day I would even sneak up to the library that day and do it in lunchtime.

Not that I'm encouraging that sort of behaviour of course, but then I'm sure you've had your fair share of 'homework is important' lectures.

Mind you, I have to start uni in September, so homework (in it's various forms)will be back with vengence I susspect.

Woe is me...

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-26-2001, 04:02 PM   #9
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I nearly forgot... Mouse, that site you had in the last thread is just SADISTIC. You should be ashamed of yourself! Poor *cough cough* Neil!

You are, of course quite, correct. That small lapse in my taste and decency will haunt me for many a long day. Even now, I am thinking up suitable methods of self-mortification in a frantic effort to atone for my wicked, WICKED actions

Oh, and just in case anyone else wants to know what the fun things to do with Neil I found were, go here

------------------
Regards

PenitentMouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 08-26-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 04:12 PM   #10
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
*sigh*

You too? I thought everybody else was and did theirs normally...not before school the next day

------------------

I am the great Kazara

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 08-26-2001).]