Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 11:59 PM   #21
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Here we go again!

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
Lady in Waiting (the question is waiting for what?)
Yes, I do get cold. That is why I need someone to warm me up.
No, I did not lose the rest of my outfit!
Does anyone feel a draft or is it me?
Official Party Planner and Events Coordinator of the Moon's Hope Inn
Does this make me a party girl?
Proud Member of the Ladies Guild
Putting this in to see if BK is really reading

Old 04-02-2001, 12:33 AM   #22
JJ/newbie

Say, Reeka, do you know what time on sat. this shindig will be starting up? I am remodeling/painting a newly empty apt. unit for the owner, so I am sure I would like a break, but probably won't be able to for more than a couple of hours

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
And...
Because Sometimes They're Wrapped Too Tight, I Am (about the only one left) The Resident Corset Loosener Of The Moon's Hope Inn Ladies' Guild (in training)

Old 04-02-2001, 12:46 AM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Reeka. You missed what I was getting at. As this is an open board, and there are plenty of minors that visit it, there is no way of 'protecting' guys like Jerome.

My point was, if it's not suitable for general viewing, should it be there at all? How would you feel if your own child viewed it?

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-02-2001, 06:35 AM   #24
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

**Sporadically dutiful bilqis takes a moment to bump this thread in the interest of inclusiveness** (we want lots of people to come! )

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Most Happy Taker of Zeeke
and member of the
Moon's Hope Inn
Ladies Guild

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 09:25 AM   #25
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Reeka. You missed what I was getting at. As this is an open board, and there are plenty of minors that visit it, there is no way of 'protecting' guys like Jerome.

My point was, if it's not suitable for general viewing, should it be there at all? How would you feel if your own child viewed it?
Actually, I find myself in agreement with Yorick. I try to temper my posts so that they stay in the PG13 rating type. I might hint about stuff of a promiscuous nature, and I will imply the heck out of stuff, but if it is getting to the point that you feel people my age or younger can't read it, then maybe we are getting a little out of control. I know that most of us are just having fun/joking around/etc, but if you honestly think that kids shouldn't be reading it, then maybe we need to edit our content a little. I feel a little responsible for this due to Me and Cloudy's 'relationship' here. We were kind of the forerunners of this, and if it is leading to certain threads becoming Adult threads, then I am not happy with it. I might be way off base here. I just don't want this to get to the point where someone feels uncomfortable with what is being posted here. Thanks

BK
Old 04-02-2001, 09:27 AM   #26
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
Actually, I find myself in agreement with Yorick. I try to temper my posts so that they stay in the PG13 rating type. I might hint about stuff of a promiscuous nature, and I will imply the heck out of stuff, but if it is getting to the point that you feel people my age or younger can't read it, then maybe we are getting a little out of control. I know that most of us are just having fun/joking around/etc, but if you honestly think that kids shouldn't be reading it, then maybe we need to edit our content a little. I feel a little responsible for this due to Me and Cloudy's 'relationship' here. We were kind of the forerunners of this, and if it is leading to certain threads becoming Adult threads, then I am not happy with it. I might be way off base here. I just don't want this to get to the point where someone feels uncomfortable with what is being posted here. Thanks

BK
Point well spoken BK.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-02-2001, 09:34 AM   #27
Sir_Tainly

I have, I feel, crossed the acceptable boundary a couple of times, and I do feel uncomfortable with it now, especially as I got a friendly reminder from Cloudy. I haven't read all the stuff on the inn post, it gets too long to read it all, but if there's specific stuff in there I think it could be a problem. Not getting at anyone here, so don't all have a go at me, just think we should all take responsibility, me included. Roll out the innuendo then we're all safe,

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-02-2001, 11:46 AM   #28
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I agree with everyone so far, Reeka and Yorick both. Three is certainly no intent to have things of an unsuitable nature here, and innuendo is as far as it should ever go. I, along with others on the board am very much into that and have pushed the envelope more than once, but there is definitely a limit to how far it's to be taken in the public forum, just like in real life. We're big people and treat each other as equals here, as we should. We all know how to work our words to say what we mean without "saying what me mean* if you understand. I don't feel that there's anything wrong with that and am looking forward to the party. By the way, Saturday is fine with me...I'll be there, drink in one hand, hand towel in the other...
Oh, and ::BUMP::

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 04-02-2001, 12:38 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Reeka, what are you talking about? It's a message board, not a chat room. Jerome or any other 14 year old can still go to the 'inn' and read what's written there.

Exactly. It will all be here whenever anyone stops in.
And I thank you, Yorick for making the obvious, apparent again. We need to be very aware of this as we post. Innuendo and kidding are fine. But always with the above in mind. And in that respect, if I have ever overstepped that line, somebody let me know. I am truly concerned about that.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-02-2001, 12:44 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:

BK
Ditto! By way of which I say, I fully agree with you BK. Hints, innuendos and 'winks' are fine and really all I ever felt comfortable with. The Sagas are/were 'romantic' in parts but I don't think they ever go beyond PG13. So don't worry in that respect.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight