Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2002, 01:33 AM   #1
The Merciful
The Magister

What do you think is the ideal composition of my party to get as many quests as possible? My current status is....
SPOILERS
I'm at 3rd chapter, none of the plot quests done, just the money paid.

I let Minsc go because he didn't seem to give any quest, and I was getting enough of his nonsence and his hamster. Insted I joined with the Paladin in the severs. I'm on the first Aerie's quest. Amonoen has recieved his knighthood, nothing since (he was off for some time to fit in Aerie). I've freed Nadia from the noble git who met in her father's funeral. With Yoshimo there has only been the traitorous Shadow Thief master deal. Jaheira is trouble some. I placed her aside to experiment with the party and do one small only me and Aerie to get the girl more up to the speed (shees lvl 8 cleric/ 9 mage when the rest is around 11 in their levels). Now Jaheira stand next to Harper stronghold, and if she joins, we get to the scene where she refuses the Harper membership. The problem is if I part with her again, it seem I lose her for good. As a half-orc I can't romance her, but I'd at least do the curse thing with her. Is she any worth keeping after that?

Cheers!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:49 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Be sure to get Valygar, so you can do lavok's quest.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:26 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Or you can just kill Valygar and use his body if you dont have space in your party... though He is QUITE good so it is just about always worthwile to make space 4 him.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 03:28 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

O and I almost forgot [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

WELCOME TO IW MERCIFUL [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 03:29 AM   #5
Jan

Just look around. Lot's of NPC quests for you. You haven't found all the NPC's in the game yet.

Jaheira gets very powerful and she has a brilliant spell called summon insects (if think). It is brilliant against spell casters.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:51 AM   #6
The Merciful
The Magister

Thanks for the welcomings.

I posted a the first message in a bit of hurry (and I still missed the bus [img]smile.gif[/img] ). I have actually found almostt all NPCs mentioned in the manual. Most of them are still in 'reserve'. Only Jan is still totall unmet. I plan to mix the party members to get as many quests as possible in the 3rd chapter. This is of course leaves some NPCs with less experience as others, so the point of my question was really who I should stick with to get the best party, the most quests and preferably the best NPC converstions at the same time. A diabolic mathematical equation, it seems . Perhaps I should tell that I'm thinking of having 3 melee fighters, one thief and two magicians, and I'm playng neutral good.

The problem with Jaheira with me is that she seems to leave for good if I remove her from the party after her renounce of the Harpers, which makes the NPC mixing even harder.