Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2001, 12:26 PM   #21
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Balor:
NO NO NO you all do it soooo wrong.. one easy step to kill Firkragg and the shadow dragon!! W/O damage to your party.
Just blind the silly sobs (how i just killed firkragg the second time!! (just make sure your mage has blind (1st level spell) and once he is blinde buff up your party and let em loose. summon monsters if you want....
Well I did say mages should cast spells from a distance, what kind of spells though is dependant on what the player has.

Sides, I'm assuming his party is low level and he doesn't have Greater Malison, and he says he doesn't have Lower Resist or Pierce Magic. So the Dragon is highly likely to just save against the Blind spell. Magic Missile will be a better choice, though Blind does only occupy 1 slot and who knows? The gamble might pay off.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:30 PM   #22
Balor
Dungeon Master

true.. its all dependant on everything each person has... i mean no two games are alike.. but if you have blind thats is the easiest step to kill a dragon that doesnt turn hostile untile you do something to it (i.e. talk or attack it)

------------------
Yeah, Yeah Yeah I know I can't Spell. So don't ask me what I just wrote!!

:mage1:
Balor
The Irish GOD of Death Commands you!
Old 07-04-2001, 12:35 PM   #23
Eternalsaiyan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried blind but it doesn't work. Will breach and then blind work? I do have Pierce magic and greater Malison, but Edwin isn't high enough to use them. Bummer This guy is hard, but I want to beat him so. I guess I'll have to keep trying?
Old 07-04-2001, 12:46 PM   #24
Balor
Dungeon Master

even when the dragon isnt hostile.. it still has magic resistance.. try to use breach a few times.. or something to reduce their magic resistance.. then blind him and go in for the kill...
Old 07-04-2001, 01:04 PM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Okayyyy... ...

The following tip requires a good mouse.

I call it the Chicken Run. Basically, all your party members are using ranged attacks, and only one member will engage the Dragon in melee combat.

Nevertheless, cast some summons first, to absorb the Dragon's initial attack and Wing Buffet.

When the Dragon engages your melee fighter who should have been at the back until now, get your melee fighter to start running in a circle.

NOTE! Do not run toward the rest of the party.

As the Dragon chases your melee fighter pause now and then( unless you have set Autopause for spell cast) so that your mages can cast spells at the Dragon constantly.

If you have Breach, cast it when the Dragon casts Stoneskin, otherwise, nevermind and just wait for it to wear out. When the Dragon casts, Protection from Magical Weapons, get your members to switch to normal ranged members.

Do not forget though! To keep your melee fighter running in circles.

If your melee fighter gets hit, just grin, gulp some potions and continue running. Eventually your mages and archers will kill the Dragon.

Good luck!
Old 07-04-2001, 01:07 PM   #26
Balor
Dungeon Master

insted of your fighter.. try useing a wizard eye.. they can absorbe a hell of a lot of damage!
Old 07-04-2001, 01:09 PM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Balor:
even when the dragon isnt hostile.. it still has magic resistance.. try to use breach a few times.. or something to reduce their magic resistance.. then blind him and go in for the kill...
He doesn't have Lower Resist, he can't use Pierce Magic, I'm assuming he doesn't have the relevant scrolls too and casting Breach before the Dragon goes hostile is useless( and wasteful) because the Dragon does not have any Spell Protections before going hostile.

Oh, but casting Greater Malison before the Dragon goes hostile is a good idea.
Old 07-04-2001, 01:16 PM   #28
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well I need to sleep now.

Best of luck Eternalsaiyan! Here's wishing I get to read your victory post when I get back tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2001, 01:17 PM   #29
Eternalsaiyan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What level is Wizard eye? Man I hate this guy. It's so frustrating. I've gotten him to near death but then he all of sudden starts kicking everyone's ass? It sucks.
Old 07-04-2001, 02:50 PM   #30
Eternalsaiyan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I still can't beat the damn dragon. I'm so frustrrated at this point. I think I might use shadowkeeper to edit my game just to beat the dragon do you think I should?