Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 11:53 AM   #21
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

bah! You want great conversation and dialog go with the all mighty evil dwarf guy...Korgan! Put anyone thats neutral or good in your party and listen to the insults fly ..bwahahahaha
Old 06-25-2001, 01:41 PM   #22
Mellagar

I always liked having Jaheira in each of my parties. A little competition of wits never hurt anyone. IMO I thought that Jaheira was one of the few characters that had quite a personality. But the best part is when she argues with enemies...nothing like a ticked off druid swearing to really put a smile on your face.
Old 06-25-2001, 02:12 PM   #23
Volourn
Manshoon

Jaheira is great! She is one of the few characters in the game that combines power, and personality in one. For example: Anomen is a very strong character, but is a @#$#$%!!! Jaheira is a character that I take all the time ( in EVERY way!) -jk

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-25-2001, 02:13 PM   #24
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Gustave:
As I said before, I'd take Anomen over Jaheira anyday! The only reason Jaheira hasn't met the boot of doom is because of her summon elemental spell and her mountain bears. Face it, she sucks as a fighter(I mean, she is stuck using druid weapons)while Anomen romps and stomps and her druidic spells, not to mention her 14 WISDOM is only marginally better than Anomen's cleric spells. And if you guys actually played Anomen instead of disintergrating him, you would realize how much more useful he is over Jaheira.

[This message has been edited by Gustave (edited 06-25-2001).]
Yes but my PCs are male, and are not gay either .
......not that theres anything wrong with that of course
Old 06-25-2001, 02:33 PM   #25
Tancred
White Dragon

My first, all-conquering, we're-fresh-from-BG1, we're-hard-as-nails party used both Jahiera and Anomen, and the pair make an impressive team. With their clubs, flails, staves and slings they were the two most adaptable members of the party, able to come up with something that could face any threat. Having the pair of them, plus my own Cavalier Tancred and Minsc, gives any party a tremendous amount of healing potential that allowed the party to literally put themselves back together after any disastrous enocunter whilst saving on the potions.
Old 06-29-2001, 01:27 AM   #26
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i just had to reply and stick up for jaheira as it seems most of the bashers are completely overlooking one MAJOR fact: her alignment is NEUTRAL! read the @$#%@@ description of what neutral is and how tough it is to tow that line. as she is so fond of saying, balance is everything, it just so happens that evil, by its very nature, strives for dominance so "neutral" is often closer to "good". she can't concern herself with trivialities because she, quite contrary to the egocentrics Anomen and Edwin, is always looking at the big picture.

as far as her short mourning period for khalid... what, are you all a bunch of sappy 8th grade romantics? tons of people see death as just a transition to another place, and if some religions are to be believed, a better place. any mourning would be for her own loss of a longtime companion and confidante since the deceased no longer has any wordly concerns burdening them. miss them, yes; become mired in sentimental depression, no.

given that an organization to which she belongs to and supposedly is a force for right and justice is not only hounding a friend of hers, but is apparently doing so for selfish (read: trivial) and evil reasons. this would be like a devout catholic discovering that her bishop is funneling charity money into drug dealing. HAVE SOME UNDERSTANDING, YOU LOUTS!

finally, if you've never had the subtle pleasure of a companion that wants you to succeed so much that she occassionally challenges your goals and beliefs, then you are the lesser for it. she never says what you're doing is worthless or wrong; she's asking so she can understand why you're doing it, and therefore understand you.

imo, not only is she the most developed character, she is the most loyal and steadfast, and that makes her far better than ANY of the others from a roleplaying perspective (and powergamers should ignore personalities anyway )

Amergin
shining a light into dark crevices for those with rectoencephalitis
Old 06-29-2001, 01:59 AM   #27
Waluin

finally, someone to substantiate my feelings.
Old 06-29-2001, 10:51 AM   #28
Gwynalah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd like to point out to all the people who harp on how Jaheira didn't mourn Khalid and how it was worse torture to be married to Jaheira:

Don't you remember what a spineless dork Khalid was from BG1?? Maybe such a sensitive man struck her as romantic at first, but after 50+ years of the half-elven sensitive man, you'd gripe at him, too! And the stuttering. It's like living with Robin Williams' Mork.

------------------
+-------------
semi-sweet vanilla
http://www.misterx.org/louhi/
Old 06-29-2001, 10:57 AM   #29
Waluin

Heh, amen to that!

Nano Nano!

Old 06-29-2001, 12:32 PM   #30
dulouz
Manshoon

Jaheria is a damn cool character. Just because she is complex doesn't make her suck. It makes her better. And whoever was ripping on harpers, harpers are also cool. the only d&d books i've read (beside pool of radiance) were about harpers.

Just because the harpers in the docks are bastards doesn't mean they all are. I might have to play a game as true neutral some time. maybe just me and jaheria, and Imoen when that comes along, because Imoen is cool too i think

If anyone in the game gets on my nerves, its Minsc. He's just too dumb for my tastes. If he isn't charm proof, confusion proof, etc, he'll just do more damage to the party than the baddies. Minsc is too high maintainance, but that is not to say he doesn't have good qualities. Enough to keep him in my party so far.

dulouz.