Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-06-2001, 04:22 PM   #11
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hey Charlie, unfortunately....the rambling of dialogue does continue in Torment (but less after you get out of the tomb, but if you decide to continue the game.... do expect more rambling), but the interesting personality of NPCs does make up for a good part of it. IWD is definitely a good choice, can't wait for HoW to come out, as for other fantasy rpgs, how about Ultima Online (suggested by many friends)?
Old 02-06-2001, 04:29 PM   #12
Charlie
Lord Ao

Cheers.

Accord, what's HoW?

Oh yeah, Neverwinter nights that you can import your BG2 characters into...no good?
Old 02-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hey Charlie, HoW = Heart of Winter, that's the expansion for IWD (sorry for my laziness, can't wait for it to come out though).
Never Winter Night sounds good, but it is not out yet I think (haven't see it in Canada yet)......I am also waiting for Pool of Radiance. Long shopping list.....need to do some serious budgeting for these acquisitions.
Old 02-06-2001, 04:40 PM   #14
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Accord, I'm waiting on HoW myself. Whats your thoughts on when its coming out? I've heard anywhere from the 8th, 21st,and 28th (my birthday but I want it early). Will you be trying the Heart of Fury option right off or do HoW then restart a whole game in the HoF mode? I'm doing the latter first , wonder how tough it will be
Old 02-06-2001, 04:41 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Accord, I'm waiting on HoW myself. Whats your thoughts on when its coming out? I've heard anywhere from the 8th, 21st,and 28th (my birthday but I want it early). Will you be trying the Heart of Fury option right off or do HoW then restart a whole game in the HoF mode? I'm doing the latter first , wonder how tough it will be
Old 02-06-2001, 04:45 PM   #16
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

LoA, according to ign.com, HoW is suppose to be out on Feb 22, 2001 (Chanting....but fingers are crossed). I think I am going to restart the whole game, just to re-familiarize myself with my creations (ie. PCs), and get back into the story mood first.....haven't play IWD for several months now.
Old 02-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #17
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fallout 2.
Only similar to the BG series in being a (HUGE) RPG but still a classic.
Buy this game
Old 02-06-2001, 04:56 PM   #18
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Best part about Fallout 2 is the game description it gives at the lower left corner of the screen.....lots of GUNS......lots of easter eggs......mutants......politically incorrect......he*k, the game is just good. But its setting in future wasteland.......
Old 02-06-2001, 05:05 PM   #19
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I also have to say Fallout 2 is a good ideal,
Charile, if you do buy fallout 2 try and get the american version, the english seems to have all of the children removed.
To the people who played it, on the box it says you can make money by pimping your wife, any ideal how to do this.
Old 02-06-2001, 05:09 PM   #20
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

No idea at all.....did many other things in Reno though......
Also, Fallout 1 comes as a bundle for some of the later American version (not sure about the European one though), but the children can be added back into Euro version through the patch (or one of the patches). Kids in the game are nothing but brats (some steal your shite too!!!!), you miss nothing without them.