Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-01-2001, 05:50 PM   #1
orlimar

How do you kill this type of golem???

Old 01-01-2001, 06:04 PM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

With a Swiss Army Knife +4 of course.

Old 01-01-2001, 06:09 PM   #3
One ANGRY lil' man

I think blunt weapons because I remember my axes did nothing but the +1 fire and +1 ice damage and I killed the basterd with those.

Old 01-02-2001, 12:35 AM   #4
G.W.

And don't forget the number one method of getting rid of them. RUN!!!! (with haste) and shut the door behind you!

Old 01-02-2001, 12:47 AM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

I believe that you need AT LEAST a +3 weapon to harm a Adamantium Golem. Also, I think that you will generally do only 1 or 2 points of damage.

If this is the Ad. Golem that's in the Red Dragon's dungeon, it cannot get out of the room that its in. Get the Azuredge +3 Throwing Axe from the copper coronet and stand well back from the golem and start throwing. Your character's arm will feel like droppping off by the time the Golem's toast, but this tactic will do the trick and you won't get yourself killed.
Old 01-02-2001, 12:51 AM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I know that I have said this before, and I will say it again...

VORPAL BLADE !

My naked Kensai up close and personal, took him out on the third hit.
Old 01-02-2001, 12:53 AM   #7
Armisael

The rod of smiting takes golems down in one hit, too. Unfortunately neither of these things are available 'till chapter five and six, respectively.

Old 01-02-2001, 09:25 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Against any type of golem, use their size against them. they can't fit through doorways and their melee range is limited. Cloudkill wands affect them pretty badly. Best to do your damage with missile weapons, wands or ranged melee weapons like halberds and 2H swords if you don't want to take any damage. It might take a while.
Old 01-02-2001, 02:07 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I didnt have the vorpal (Relic-I'll have it this time,second time around) so I used a combo of putting +3 blunt weapons in my fighters( even if they arent proficient they can still hit)and using Lower Resistance spells followed by Magic Missile barrages. Not all missiles get through but most will. If none of my or anyone elses ideas work then uhhh run away run away!
Old 01-02-2001, 03:00 PM   #10
Cleric
Welcomed New User

Where i can find this golem , then i kill him whit crom feayr.

This may be a stupid question , but where is the drwarf where i can make this weapon , I cheated to make this weapon , but i want to get this real way , i need the gridle of orge power , the belt of frost giant srength , and the hammer of thunderbolts , (If I am Right.