Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It seems fun enough, but IMO W&W was much better. Hearing the sounds from W&W was cool though! [img]smile.gif[/img] And the feel is there for sure!!

What do you think? I've been sitting here wondering if it would get enough activity. What do you think? Should we do a DL Forum?? I think it might do okay.. I would contact DW Bradley and get his webmaster to link to the forum too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Besides the threads here, somebody just started a thread in the Wizardry 8 forum. So a separate forum might be a good idea, since the game (thru DWB) has links to both games.

Hmmm... Just looked, and there's also at least one thread in the Miscellaneous Games forum.

Yes, another forum might be a good idea.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Based on the traffic that it got *here* when the demo came out, I'd say yes. A lot of the same challenges as W&W are there (how to advance, how to apply skill points, and so on), and we already kicked off a Tech Tips, Combat Tips, and Best Tips thread [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do agree... at this point, W&W was better. However, in the demo we only get three races, no gender options, no character definition options (color, hair, etc.), and no quests. So from a CRPG perspective, it's pretty limited [img]smile.gif[/img] Then again, it *is* only a demo.

On the plus side, it adds in spell mixing (a la Arx or Ultima), as well as tradeoffs (equip good weapons with a penalty instead of hoarding them until you can use them). I think that adds a different element to game play.

I guess I see two options:

• Create a new forum, see how it goes, and hope it doesn't follow in the footsteps of Arx
  • Designate this forum as the DL repository when the game finally comes out. If there's enough traffic here when it comes out, then create a new forum and move the existing threads to it.
I suspect that within a couple of weeks, we'll have a good idea of how active it will be. I think the thing that will *really* make a difference is the gaming resources -- answers to questions, maps, guides, suggestions, and so on -- that help other players to get through the game.

And those are the kinds of things we've developed here at the W&W boards, and I expect would continue to do I think there's real potential

*edit* just added them up, and DL got 112 posts on this board in the week that the demo has been available. It's no GD, but it's a decent number, methinks.

[ 04-03-2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
the mighty stamar

ya make a forum
if u move the threads about dungeon lords to the new forum it already has a good start

[ 04-04-2005, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, I think Dungeon Lord's should have it's own forum!

We've had a lot of threads here just on the demo. We're going to have lots more when the game itself comes out.

I think DL is going to appeal to some players who weren't that fond of W&W. Because you can see your character as you explore and can change your point of view with the cameras, I think we'll see BG fans try DL too. A DL forum should get good activity!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

Yes, Please! Forum!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #7
Too Darkpark
The Magister

hmm... they or someone should look into setting up a bit torrent for the demo. it would help more people get it sooner.
yep, i cast my vote for a forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i would make a uneducated guess in that at least 1/2 of the people who liked W&W will get DL.
Based on the posts that I have read so far, about 30 percept of the people don't like the interface and the rest is mixture of people liking the interface and people liking the interface but not liking the combat.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:34 AM   #8
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

It seems like it'll have a loyal following whether it's good or not ...

Forum! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 04-08-2005, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: aleph_null1 ]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Opening the DL Forum tomorrow If I have time. I have to finish up on the graphic first [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can't wait to play the actual full version!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

Yay! Having a forum is almost as fun as having the game! (Yes, I know... "get a life!" )