Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2002, 05:18 AM   #1
Olli Kalma

Be cursed by Kerah you ugly worm!

It took me half hour to kill that naga in Serpent Temple, ( Xythius or something ) that big snake you face when you have done rites on Serpent Spirit...

How to kill that beast, wihtout getting stoned or hit by 1000 Damage!?
I don't know any spells that affect it nor any weapon that reaaly hurts it...
I just front it and smack with my sword and axe!, It takes so much time that
one or two party members get killed or stoned, and ofcource they don't get any XP and don't have spell to recover them from stone to flesh. I remembered that there are spell called ' Stone to Flesh ' that would help me, but don't have it or those orange bottles! Should I go into first city to buy stone to flesh bottles and then came back and finish that naga?

Is there any other way to finish it! Do you have any hint's !
Old 10-14-2002, 05:40 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Merlin's Shield helps a lot against Xydusa. It helps against stoning and similar effects but it does not help against poisonning. Therefore, cast Merlin's Shield and have Cure Poison ready.
2. Another spells that help greatly:
- Heroic Might
- Bloodlust
- Haste
- Frenzy (but you must have enough HP if you are about to cast Frenzy)
2. Xydusa can be hit by any weapon(?!) I have killed Xydusa by an unenchanted katana+1 and a moderate skill level in swords or by an enchanted With's Stick but without the skill at all. In both cases, a solo character fighted Xydusa.
3. The best fighting method are the "storm" spells. Meteorstorm (level 7 Stone Magic) is the best choice - even a single spell can put an end to Xydusa. Firestorm (level 7 Fire Magic) is close the second. Icestorm (level 7 Moon Magic) is much worse and Whirling Dervish (level 7 Vine Magic) is almost unusable.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:42 AM   #3
Olli Kalma

Bunglean wrote on Best Tips that you can use Kerielle's elixir... What is
that? I know who is kerielle, but didn't get any elixir for her...
Also you can kill it by Meteorstorm, but have only 5 th level spells.

Merlin's Shield ? What kind of spell is that? I have my pary 5-6 class and 4-5 stone, fire, vine and holy magic skills.

I try to kill it by WillowIX's hint: hit it, get back when it strikes, hit again...

Witch's stick don't affect it at all! Well it does little damage, but doesn't sleep it! I have only rapier sword, basic axe and spear that I got from toad chief... I found nice sword from chest in serpent temple, I havn't identify it yet, but think it has some mystical powers. If I have wand etc. that do something like sleep or poison or what ever thing when it hit's, does that effect comes if I haven't identify it, but I know what it would do? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hard to get... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let's try another time!
Old 10-14-2002, 07:39 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Kerielle's Potion: If you speak with Kerielle, you find out that there existed some guy named Algamesh and that she loved him. Then you will be asked to find his amulet and give it to her. After giving Algamesh Amulet to her, she gives you the potion.
1. You can cut it short and give the amulet to Kerielle directly without going through the conversation and waiting for the application.
2. Algamesh Amulet is the green amulet you have found in the Valeia Crypt behind the first locked door. It gives you 50% resistance to poison. Do not want to lose it? There are two (perhaps three) ways of keeping the amulet:
- The Kerielle Potion survives Reset Adventures. Therefore, find the amulet, give it to Kerielle and gain the potion, Reset Adventures, find next amulet and keep it. You will have both the potion and the amulet. Note: the amulet DOES NOT survive Reset Adventures.
- Give the amulet to Kerielle, take the potion and kill Kerielle (5500 XP, ). The amulet will be a part of your loot from Kerielle.
- Because Kerielle drops the amulet when she is killed, the amulet should be in her inventory. Perhaps, it can be stealed. I've never tried it. I don't know.
3. You can USE Kerielle's Potion on Xydusa. Using the potion on Xydusa puts her into sleep for a long time or until you attack. This is used when you want to bypass Xydusa without fight. Lure her out from the exit from the room (she is blocking the way out) and use the potion on her. Why not kill Xydusa immediately? You can gain the Snakeskin Trait when you reach Ellysia before killing Xydusa.

Merlin's Shield: A level 5 Stone Magic spell. It raises your resistance to many magic effects considerably. Among others, it makes you well resistant to stoning, paralyzing, instant death, insanity and similar effects. The effect of the spell seems to depend on your Sorcery skill. The spell does not help against poisoning and fire, ice, etc., damage. A very useful spell not only against Xydusa. Until you learn the spell, you can buy scrolls of Magicshield in the Mages Guild though the scrolls don't seem to be as good as the spell cast by your mage.

Xydusa seems to be immune to a normal Sleep spell. My Witch's Sticks are usually a bit blessed (8x damage, 4x toughness, damage 10-20, toughness 80% ), therefore, well, they do not put Xydusa to sleep but they hit her sufficiently
Old 10-14-2002, 08:10 AM   #5
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

also the amulet of life found in the secret room w/ the statue of kerah, is helpful when xydusa does 100 damage and instantly kills your character(s). It can be used to cast a resurrect spell 3?? times. and anyone can use it.. if you dont know where the secret room is, or where to get the key heres how:
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

/
*WARNING SPOILER* You get the key from Kol the Heritic, who you first meet outside the Serpant Temple. The secret room is near the monkey room, you will see a key slot on the wall. go in and there's the statue, the amulet will be on the ground.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:00 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Not anyone, Kar Mod. Only a mage, a warlock and, perhaps, a priest can use the amulet.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:02 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Xydusa isnŽt hard to kill at all IMO. IŽve posted some hints in the best tip thread. Basicly fight hand to hand. YouŽll see her head snap back twice. The second time her attack will come, so then simply back away. What will happen is this "Xydusa misses (Out of Range). Then run back in and whack some more
Old 10-14-2002, 09:16 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And actually, one of the easiest things to do is to go in there with multiple bottles of Kerielle's Elixir. Give her the amulet, listen to the speech, get a bottle. Buy the amulet back, give it to her, listen, get a bottle. Buy.... you get the picture.

For some reason, I thought she didn't wake up when you hit her if you've given her the elixir. I certainly could be wrong, but in any case, have everyone in the party attacking her with sword, spear, and staff -- physical attacks will always slow her reaction down just a bit, and you can get in more attacks than she can.

Oh, and the most important thing: before you do battle, recite the ancient rime of Save Early, Save Often, Save Before, and Save After. Kerah knows how many times I've had to restart that particular battle...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:49 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

So, the amulet can be even bought back from Kerielle. I haven't supposed it at all because the amulet cannot be sold in a shop. Well, then the amulet can be stolen.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:43 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yeah, it can be stolen as well. But since money's no object by that point in the game, why spend the time trying to steal it? Just buy it and give it, over and over.

Leastways, that's what I think.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote