Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-30-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
jtsdip
Welcomed New User

please help i've tried everything how do i kill that pesty guy scabban???
jtsdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:49 PM   #2
slug
Manshoon

i found that the incinerate spell and a couple of good shwacks did the job. if it's a bit early for the incinerate spell, try killing rumphy's ghost a few times then come back.

p.s. you don't have to kill scabban. just flip his lever and take a dive, if you prefer.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:54 PM   #3
slug
Manshoon

i forgot to mention hello, and welcome. just talking to scabban for a bit, gets you credit for the quest.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 06:58 PM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

If I remember well, he doesn't like getting fried by lightning!
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:05 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Elemental Blast is particularly efficacious against him.

-Sazerac

P.S. Don't stand too close to him while you're doing it...

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-30-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 11:12 PM   #6
jtsdip
Welcomed New User

thanks for the replies i'm sure i'll be back on here asking for some help again (no doubt) this is a tough game (even better than the king's quest games)
jtsdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 12:05 AM   #7
Balgin
Elminster

Blatantly better than the King's Quest games. Now then, as soon as you see him (or know that he's just around the corner) throw up an all out party bless. That's for starters. Next, have you're fighter types drink any potions of bloodlust (makes them do extra damage) that you might have. If need be you can actually cast spells whilst talking to people as well! If you can try to cast an armouring spell (that first level stone spell) on each party member. Also from past experience I am aware that Scabban seems to be practically immune to Sun magic, however Melt has a rather nice effect. As far as the gagging and caughing goes there really isn't much that you can do about that wich is why I recommended the protective spells. Also stay between him and the edge of the pit because if he walks over it he'll tumble into the darkness below and evaporate into the water, never to be seen again. (Trust me on this one, I thought he'd gone through the gate and searched high and low for him, it was very frustrating).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 01:11 AM   #8
Moni

jtsdip,

Hi! Glad you got the game and are getting into it! Let me be another to welcome you to the best W&W forum anywhere!

: )
Moni
Old 12-27-2003, 08:26 AM   #9
Baltus
Welcomed New User

Hi to all dungeon crawlers ! I am new to what seems to be a wonderful Forum.

Well, in fact I am currently facing an issue with this "Scabban" quest.

I did kill Scabban before my Wizard received the guild 1st quest.
Now that my mago has received the quest, I cannot fullfilled it. I went back to Scabban "home" hopping for a resurection but no one there indeed.

Does any one meet this kind of problem ?
Any idea or workaround ?

My main worry is to allow my characters to train in Mage Guild without having to restart the game from sratch.
Baltus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 08:40 AM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First off, welcome to the boards, Baltus. May your time in the Gael Serran inspire bards, bravado, and brigandry for centuries to come.

Now, for your problem... hmmm... that could be a sticky one. There are three guild levels available in Valeia, and due to a bug later on (which can be bypassed, albeit trickily), without at least one level, you won't be able to reach level 7. That's not a major concern, but if you're into technical perfection, it may be annoying...

You could just reset the adventures, which would mean replaying what you've already done (quests included). While it may be frustrating, you've really done only a small portion of the game. And you don't lose the weapons, armor, or other things (stats included!) that you currently have.

Or you could simply play on. One of the best things about W&W is that there are no right or wrong ways to play the game -- only choices. The game will play out just fine no matter what you do.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, and don't be afraid to start a new post. This one from the depths of the archives nearly threw me [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote