Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-01-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

Greetings!! I'm starting SoA/ToB again and i was wondering how i would go about glitching a bag of holding into my possession so i may carry alot in "SomeRandomGuys" dungeon at the start of SoA. Also can i be a mage and thief at the same time!?!? High picklock and lotsa spells is what i need
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:24 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Mage/Thief is a legitimate combination anyhow (Jan Jansen, an NPC in the game, for instance, is a Thief/Illusionist, the Gnomish version of a Thief/Mage)

Bags of Holding, I'm sorry to say, aren't legitimate, but there's no stopping you cheating one in your game. If it's any comfort: there are a whole lotta people out there who commit the same crime you do.
Just add the line "DebugMode = 1" in the baldur.ini file in the main directory, then open the message window ingame and type "CLUAConsole:GiveItem("INSERTCODEHERE")" and you'll receive the object of your longing. I haven't got the code right here, otherwise I'd give it to you, but there's probably loads of other Ironworkers about who can help you out.

NOTA BENE: I've been typing this from recollection, there might be some errors in the above mentioned post. Try to do a forum search if you want to be absolutely sure!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:59 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

spoiler
;
;
;
;
;
you can get a bag of holding in spellhold
Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

if you want to be a thief and mage at the same time, you need to pick a non-human character and multi-class. If you want to be a thief first and then a mage, or the other way around, then you need to be a human and chose to dual class anytime during the game that you want.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
Madman
The Magister

note i may be wrong but i think you get better class skills if you go human theif or mage and dual class later instead of multiclassing with a non human
Old 12-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

I'm a female human mage/thief with most of my stats in constituion intelligence and dexterity and i'm playing with only my pc on insane mode. Thats enough information, now since my mages strength is only something like 9, i'd really like to know about this bag of holding. Does anyone know the code?!?
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 AM   #7
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

My computer says some kind of error and i cant access my MainDirectory file. Wtf am i supposed to do now? I cant have some ■■■■■ mage that holds like 60kg having to run back and forth from battlescenes just to sell off my loot. I'm screwed
Old 12-03-2005, 04:52 AM   #8
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

You could cheat yourself some more strength. It's no more cheating than getting a bag of holding, and a lot easier to do. Just:
1) Download Shadowkeeper
2) Run Shadowkeeper
3) Load the save file
4) Change the strength
5) Save the save file
And it's done!
Old 12-03-2005, 07:16 AM   #9
Ilyich
Dungeon Master

Or you could use Shadowkeeper to place a Bag of Holding into your inventory. (I use the 1st Bag of Holding on the list of items, which always seems to work)
Ilyich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #10
Cam_H
Zhentarim Guard

Not exactly sure whether this is what you're after, and not that I'm especially advocating it as as practice anyway, but nonetheless ...

... is the code for the Bag provided you've gone in and got the cheats / CLUA Console up and running.

There's otherwise the 2nd Level Wizard Spell Strength that can deal with your 'weight carrying' issue.
Cam_H is offline   Reply With Quote