Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

Right now my Spellcasters all have Lvl 8 in their respective spellcraft skills. Is it worth the money investing in these skills all the way to Lvl 12 since they can only cast spells at Level 7 & there are no other spells at a higher level? I'm doing the Lvl ups in the Guilds & its getting expensive for my low level (10) party.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

It is worth the trouble if you are to learn spells in a non-native spell-school. For example: Fiend spells are not native to a bard. However, the bard learns a fiend spell thus opening the field realm to him or her upon ascension to the bard role. The bard can only learn up to level 6 fiend spells if he or she has level 12 fiend magic.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:50 PM   #3
Robalex
Dungeon Master

Thx for the info bsftcs. If it had been clear in the TIPS somewhere it would have saved a Newbie like me a lot of grief. I missed out leveling up my Ranger in Sun & Stone Magic several times after I gave her Lvl 8 thinking that was enough. In one of the best tips someone said they saw no reason to put money or skill points past Lvl 7. That's what threw me off. Can someone add that if your magic users change roles they should continue to BUY additional levels at the guilds until they get to Lvl 12 in those crafts they lost by changing roles. Right now I've got my Ranger up to Lvl 10 in Suncraft through the guild. She is Now a Lvl 12 Ranger. Too bad as she could have had at least Lvl 12 in Suncraft & Stonecraft as well by now if I had known the facts that "bsftcs" just told me.
Enlightenment comes but sometimes too late..
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Best Tips is a powerful tool, but sometimes, it comes out of context. Level 7 is fine in a native school, but not in non-native; however, if you made it a point to get the high-level spells when the school was native, you don't miss the training opportunity.

Feel free to clarify what's in Best Tips and make it more understandable. One of these days, we may get around to reorganizing that like we did for Tech Tips... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote