Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #31
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, December 10, 2007

Selamat datang, Bahamut I don't speak much, but I know a little bit

Our friends have a golden and a lab mix. The golden is much more mellow than the lab mix, as is the case with most goldens I know. I don't know if it's the lab or the mix in the lab mix that causes that one to be so active, but it's a consideration

Peace and quiet here... the kids had a sleepover with close friends last night, and they finally went to bed around midnight, with one kid not doing well and needing to go home. I got my workout in this morning, and when I got back, there was no one up in the house... not even my wife She's usually up pretty early, and she slept in past 8...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wachoo...*cough cough* ugh.. got a cold... blech! Someone fetch tea and honey, I may need a few gallons!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #33
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I think I'm coming down with something. I can't eat much and what I do feels like it wants to come back up again, plus my joints are aching...

But on the plus side, we had some snow yesterday when I was out driving. Pity it didn't settle.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #34
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wowzah! Not too good in the cafe here...

*switches the endless M&M bowl to endless chicken noodle soup*

There. That'll help all you folks feeling under the weather. Here, Cloudy... DS... first bowls for you
-+-+-+
Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #35
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Why thank you good sir

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #36
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

We had snow too DS, 3am wednesday it started falling (I was walking home from my mates house after a session in the pub ), and by 11am wednesday morning it'd settled, but by afternoon it was gone again.

Now it's just cold.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #37
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
Hello guys! It's been a long time!

2007 has been a solid year, it had its ups and downs, but not as bad as 2006. Somehow, I think 2008 will be an even better year.

So some updates for those who still remember me... if not then a little trivia!

- I am still in law school, in my sophomore year, so that's a good sign (or it may be killing my "creative" soul). Hopefully I am here until I finish it, and finally become a lawyer.

- Hopefully I get the new "not so new" truck, so I am just praying and keeping my fingers crossed. Not new, but it's definitely an improvement with regard to driving pleasure.

- I am planning to get another dog, preferably a Labrador or Golden Retriever. I am leaning towards a Golden Ret, but I do not know the differences between the two. Well, as of now I am researching them in Wiki.

- Saving up for a rainy day or for whatever-expensive-thing-I-want is one of my goals for this 2008.

- Due to this Christmas break, which was a blast btw, my body clocked is messed up. I sleep at 5am. Not cool. I have to correct that by next week.

- I have to play Flag Football, but my schedule this semester does not permit me to do so. I must have an outlet. I must think of a way.

- Interestingly enough, I revamped and changed my blog. It is http://makeallthedifference.blogspot.com. Feel free to drop by, and if you want, I can link your blogs up to my site as well.

- Being patient and keeping your mouth shut at the worst of situations pays dividends. It really does.

- Do people who remember your birthday your true friends? Or they just have great memories? hehehe

- I still have been playing Guild Wars, and nothing more. Okay, maybe Madden 07. I have not bought the expansion for GW yet though... ugh. Blame that of food expenses and Starbucks.

2007, a year with tons of new realizations. A renewed level of awareness and austerity. And 2008 will be the reward for such patience. I know it. Same attitude and outlook, but the rewards will come pouring in soon, material or not. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year!!!
Wow long time no see Bahamut.

Good luck on your education to become a lawyer. I've worked for lawyers for 20 years, so am familiar with the occupation, and consider it a good one.

I wish you all the luck getting your truck LOL. Soon I'll be having to look for a new vehicle myself, as my car is very old and falling apart bit by bit now LOL.

I like all animals so no telling which is a better dog. I reckon it depends on the dog, and on you! Both Labs and Retrievers though have great reputations as being well behaved, loving dogs.

Oh and most people who remember your birthday are your friends.

Glad to hear from you again after so long! Please continue to keep in touch.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #38
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

if you guys wanna check out any of mine or G4's work, we have our own bebo page.

here's the link: http://bebo.com/SpongeBongProduction

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers

Last edited by DrowArchmage; 01-05-2008 at 01:44 AM.
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 AM   #39
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

@ Bungleau: I think that might now be tagalog, some local dialect it seems. I live in the city, born and raised here, so I would not exactly know. LOL!

As I have read in Wiki, Golden Retrievers love to work. They will work until they drop, so moderation is needed by the owner. Labs have a good watch dog ability as compared to the Gold, but both are poor guard dogs. Both are intelligent though, which is the most important factor for me.

@ Ladyzekke: Hey there! Yes it has been a long time! I was trying to keep in touch a few months back, but I did not know the new address of this forum. It was not until I tried the old address and told me to go here. You can attribute it to laziness, but I am busy most days due to law.

Yes, it runs in the family as well. And while my grandfather was truly a beacon of light in the justice system during our martial law time here, and my uncle and his cousin topped the bar, us having all the same family names, I am the first... to probably not be the top one. I am saying it not because I think I cannot, I just think there are more important things in life, you know? Hehe Still, with that being said, I still want to become a lawyer, survive everything.

I will be probably getting a Golden Retriever. I prefer them over Labs, and we do not need a guard dog in form of a Doberman. It will be a refreshing experience, as I tend to assert dominance over them. Fitting for those crazy dogs, but as I have checked in Wiki, it is better if they are showered with love and approval. Not my style. LOL!

With regard the birthday, yes, I am leaning towards that, so I gave an impromptu drinking party for those who greeted me. Not bad, almost everyone came at such short notice. I am grateful for that.

I do intend to keep in touch, now that I know where IW is. It is usually a problem in the younger days, but know with the evolution of phones and computers at a ridiculous pace, that is not much of a problem.

P.S. My join date... whoooo boy. 2001. Is that correct???? [insert profanity here]. Amazing.

Last edited by Bahamut; 01-05-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #40
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Worried Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, December 10, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
@ Bungleau: I think that might now be tagalog, some local dialect it seems. I live in the city, born and raised here, so I would not exactly know. LOL!
My words were Malay... I recognized "Selamat" from your blog, and took a leap of faith that I was in the right language family "Selamat datang" in Malay is "Good day".... hopefully it meant the same or similar, and I didn't inadvertently insult some ancestor
-+-+-+