Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heya.
Being the shameless, vain, self-indulgent pretty-boy that I am I've taken to shaving my chest and stomach. Now, I'm not starting this thread in order to go to go into the connotations of masculinity (or lack thereof) involved in such a practice, rather, I need some advice on how to deal with the infuriating shaving rash that has plagued me since I started this shaving a few days ago.

Now, I've been shaving my face since I was a wee lad of 15, and over the past 7 years or so it has become relatively toughened and conditioned to the sensual stroke of a steel razorblade scraping and ripping at its outer layer of flesh in order to cut away the outer crust of filth, mange and glorified pubic hair that inevitably grows upon it like an insidious fungal colony. BUT, unfortunately for my poor, spoilt body, the tender shaving-virginal flesh of my chest and stomach, which has for so long gone untouched by the cold, cruel steel of the Gillette Mach 3, has not had this history of physical punishment to condition it against the rigours of such ritual torture. And, like the soft, precious little darlings that they are, my skin cells have started to scream out in high-pitched, whining and maddeningly itchy protest.

So, what do I do? Who can help a brutha out here? Is there any sort of balm I should be aware of? Ladies? You've got experience in this sort of field right? C'mon, I'm dyin' here. I could really use a helping, soothing, loving, tender hand.

Thanks
The Hierophant.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

use aloe vera lotions, and keep using it, it will go away after a few weeks of shaving, it is just that your body is not used to it yet
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #3
The Hierophant

Aloe vera? Now, that's that fat, juicy-leafed plant right? As opposed to what a working class Englishman says when he greets his wife?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

yes, it is a fat juicy plant, that soothes the skin, and help retain moisture [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 10:02 AM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Now, I'm not starting this thread in order to go to go into the connotations of masculinity (or lack thereof)
You got that right! I feel it is my duty as a man to tell you that what you're doing is definitely NOT masculine. In fact around here at least (you know us primitive types [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) men who shave their chest are considered to belong to a certain group defined by their sexual orientation...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #6
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
You got that right! I feel it is my duty as a man to tell you that what you're doing is definitely NOT masculine. In fact around here at least (you know us primitive types [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) men who shave their chest are considered to belong to a certain group defined by their sexual orientation...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Right, now, look monkey-boy. What did I just say? WHAT did I just say? Duties be damned, you need to learn to read. And by 'group defined by their sexual orientation' I assume you mean 'the guys that spend their days and nights wading waste-deep in offered-up female reproductive organs'? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Right, now, look monkey-boy. What did I just say? WHAT did I just say? Duties be damned, you need to learn to read. And by 'group defined by their sexual orientation' I assume you mean 'the guys that spend their days and nights wading waste-deep in offered-up female reproductive organs'? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Err...not quite. And your comment was deliberatly ignored [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Also, I don't get it cos surely if you're vain (as you say) you want to look good for women and not have all smooth chest skin like a woman. Most women I know prefer men to be hairier than themselves :s
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #8
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Also, I don't get it cos surely if you're vain (as you say) you want to look good for women and not have all smooth chest skin like a woman. Most women I know prefer men to be hairier than themselves :s
True enough, to an extent. But I didnt say I shave it all, just neaten and smarten it up a little [img]smile.gif[/img] It still gets rashy though.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well now... perhaps Hierophant looks like Robin Williams, a cross between Chewbacca and a gorilla. [img]smile.gif[/img] A little shave may be in order then...

You might also consider using a hair remover (nair, or something like that). A depilatory lotion instead of a blade... ooze it off instead of slicing it off.

As for the rash... diaper rash cream or something comparable is probably in order [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:19 AM   #10
The Hierophant

ps: and Stormy, I'll check out the Aloe Vera, thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]