Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 02:04 AM   #11
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just talked with Amber (Lady Aberdene), and we are sending you a money order Z. Not much, $25.00, hope it helps.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:32 AM   #12
dplax
Jack Burton

Just sent $ 10 your way through paypal. Sorry but as a student that is all I can afford.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #13
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ziroc - I have to echo the concerns of Aelia Jusa (from the other thread, I think) and other members. It's been well over 2 years since IW started depending on regular donations from members to keep it running. There have been numerous discussions and dozens of ideas on how to solve the financial problems on a more permanent basis. Yet, here we are 2 years later, still depending on the monthly passing of the hat. I understand you are in a tough situation and I know all too well how quickly medical bills can stack up when you have a chronic condition.

But the problem seems to be that IW has basically taken on a life of it's own and grown beyond anybody's wildest expectations. I dare say it is the largest gaming forum on the internet now. Because of that, it has to be thought about differently.

I'm not trying to "bust your chops" or come down on you too hard. Believe me, I know how tough a situation like yours can be. And I will freely admit that I'm not in a position to support IW right now even if some of the aforementioned solutions were in place. All I'm suggesting is that it seems to be way past time to be looking at different options.

Reeka - I am very sorry to hear you don't feel welcome here anymore. I am shocked that somebody here has a personal vendetta against you and I can't believe that nobody was aware of the "hate campaign" they were conducting agianst you. I know I certainly never saw anything to suggest that, and as you have seen, there are plenty of people here that would have come to your support had it been known this was going on. I certainly hope the issue gets resolved quickly and that you feel like you can post here again when it is over.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

Ziroc:I would be happy to donate some, Dan, but I'm a student so that leaves me with little money. I don't have time for a job, so I don't get extra so that makes it even harder. What I could do, however, is send some money (15-20 euro's) to johnny; I trust him well enough to send it through to you and maybe that way I can contribute after these years of senseless spamming

Cheers mate, and hang in there.

Reeka: I'm truly sorry to see you go, love. I haven't got the time to keep track on two forums (so that's why I haven't visited TSR in ages) at the same time because my time schedule is hectic as it is. As we speak (11 p.m. here) I should go to bed immediately because my day starts early again tomorrow.
I'm really really sorry that I won't be seeing you anymore (miss our conversations we used to had; did I ever tell you that my mum got over her fear of the internet and MSN because of our chats every once in a while? she occasionally asks how you are doing, you know )
A big hug and all the love in the world to you and Bardan [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michiel

[ 02-03-2004, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Link ]
Old 02-04-2004, 11:21 AM   #15
Rokenn
Galvatron

Paypal $$'s on the way...
Old 02-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #16
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Sent a few dollars as well. I wish I could give more, but I'm totally wiped out after my wheel boot incident this morning.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:57 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Okay, Zman, a few beans on the way. I'll point out that you're links in this thread don't go directly to PayPal and I had to use the "Make a Donation" icon up top. If your links in the thread went straight there, you might get a couple more donations.

Good luck, as always, dude. Keep the site up, and be well!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:49 AM   #18
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Z,
You might want to consider having voluntary subsriptions. The diff b/w subscribers & non-subscribers is that subscribers have some privileges and an acknowledgment under their name somewhere.
I frequent this other board, and the owner happens to be in the same set of circumstances as you.

Have a look: http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/a...ement.php?f=11
Old 02-05-2004, 07:48 AM   #19
wellard
Dracolisk

Ability to edit your posts without the "Last edited" showing

I hope to god this one never gets up.

Maybe a personalized Avatar is the way to go? As long as the "newbie" feels comfortable in making a complaint about a "contributor" and that complaint being upheld. I would hate for a them and us clique system

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 02-05-2004, 08:44 AM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This Quote,

Quote:
Quoted by Reeka:

"I have sort of been a safety net for Dan over the past two years or so. I have given thousands of dollars to Ironworks. When I say that I have been a safety net, not only have I contributed $50 to $100 or more every month, if Dan needed something in addition to paying for the hosting and bandwidth, I covered it---the Ghostwriter software, the surge protector, a new hard dive, the site license, a year's worth on hosting for tgeweb, etc. Dan knew that he could come to me in an emergency and I would send the money immediately."
is in contradiction to a post that you made 2 years ago.

Quote:
Quoted by Reeka:

"In fact, I really have a problem with people announcing on the forum how much money they are sending."
I have some problems with your post.

1. If you really did do what you said you did, Ziroc owes you public recognition and maybe benefits that no other member has, since you practically paid for all this stuff. What I do not get is that you suggest that you and he both think that a member giving you trouble would cause you to not post here anymore. In fact, if it were my website and you paid me that much to keep the site running, I would ban the people that were hassling you, in order to keep the one person that has kept this place running all this time. Since this has not happened, I am inclined to not believe your story.

2. If you desired to not be recognized for your contributions, and remain anonymous...YOU JUST BLEW YOUR OWN COVER!