Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-20-2002, 06:49 PM   #121
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
well if they are obviously tongue-in-cheek I don't mind leaving them...as long as people know that's not the "real me" hehe
And you're right I don't care what random people think... I only care what those people think whose opinion I value...and there are some around here [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll upload some of my pics from hiking in the Alps or something
*huuuggggggggggs Vasky* (the first person to say anything about something synonymous to perpetuity or infinity will be slapped. That includes you Davros. don't start your grynz either )

Well, you could always change the pic descriptions Vask! So that even the more dimwitted people get that you're not a gangsta.
But for the record, I always found them very funny and it was really obvious that they were tongue in cheek. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Would love to see your hiking pics though... hiking in the Alps must be amazing!!
[/QUOTE]Heh you forget that I'm not the "owner" of those pics otherwise I wouldn't have had to ask Memnoch to delete them, so I can't change the description.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-21-2002, 05:38 AM   #122
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Question Mark

Quote:
*Senses piss-taking* Fine then [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You've got a good sixth sense there, Uncle Vask.

Actually, I just wanted to get out of having to delete them...and I did! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2002, 05:54 AM   #123
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
I've uploaded a few...I'll find some more of the impressive ones.
Those are some exquisitely gnarly photos there Vask.
Which Alps were they taken in exactly? And how long did your trip take? If the views are that good I'd like to go there myself some day. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2002, 07:49 AM   #124
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
I've uploaded a few...I'll find some more of the impressive ones.
Those are some exquisitely gnarly photos there Vask.
Which Alps were they taken in exactly? And how long did your trip take? If the views are that good I'd like to go there myself some day. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]We did the Tour de Mont Blanc which is a popular hiking route around Mont Blanc. It's supposed to take between 8 (very fast) and 14 (very slow) days. We did it in 11 days with half a rest day so about average speed. The tour is exactly on the border of France, Switzerland and Italy and takes you into all three countries. The easiest way to get there internationally is to take a flight to Geneva then take a train to Chamonix from where you can take a bus to Les Houches and start hiking. (get a map first though! ) If people want I can post a few more pics. And yes the views are absolutely stunning and you can't do justice to them with a flat photo, you have to go there yourself.
Some of the crazy bastards who I went with want to actually go to the peak of Mont Blanc next summer....they're not montaineers but supposedly you can actually walk up to the peak on one face of the mountain at least. Although 60 people a year die on Mont Blanc, I don't fancy my chances Nah, seriously, I might go, it would be amazing to go to the peak of the highest mountain in Europe and without any mountaineering training....heh I spoke to one guy who did it in trainers! Although he did have crampons and also an ice-axe is recommmended. Of course my mum doesn't want me to go, but going to the peak of Mont Blanc is very tempting. There's a cabin at around 3800m where you sleep and then go up to the peak at over 4500m and come back down quickly before it gets dark!!!
Sorry, rambling on a bit, tell me to shut up if I get boring

[ 11-21-2002, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 11-21-2002, 07:52 AM   #125
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
That's enough of that my friend Stealthys site is something special to IW and I feel it brings all of us members closer together. I'm embarrased by a few of my pics up there aswell but it still gives peeps an idea of what I'm about.
Peace dude and don't get too worried about looks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Couldn't agree more! I have several photos up in Stealthy's, some of which are a few years old, some of them are a few months old. And I don't look anything like any of them nowadays!
My hair is now short, I dress different, I just look completely different (and better LOL). I had my London Transport photocard (which is about 10 years old) checked by a ticket inspector the other day. He looked at the photo, looked at me, and his only words were 'Bloody Hell'. Wasn't quite sure how to take that, but it sums up how different I look now. Friends have walked straight past me on the street because they didn't recognise me until I spoke to them!

But I'm keeping my old pics up there, it's all part of my personal history etc.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:00 AM   #126
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Couldn't agree more! I have several photos up in Stealthy's, some of which are a few years old, some of them are a few months old. And I don't look anything like any of them nowadays!
My hair is now short, I dress different, I just look completely different (and better LOL). I had my London Transport photocard (which is about 10 years old) checked by a ticket inspector the other day. He looked at the photo, looked at me, and his only words were 'Bloody Hell'. Wasn't quite sure how to take that, but it sums up how different I look now. Friends have walked straight past me on the street because they didn't recognise me until I spoke to them!

But I'm keeping my old pics up there, it's all part of my personal history etc.
LMAO! Heck, I have pitchblack hair and a nose piercing in some of the pics on Stealthy's [img]tongue.gif[/img] Couldn't agree more with you Laura, it's personal history and as such great to see for the other IW members [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vasky, those pics ROCK! Wow!! I'm so bloody envious
That must have been a fantastic holiday... the weather looks fabulous too. Really great, thanks for posting!!
That rainbow around the sun must have been pretty spectacular BTW... when I was in Scotland I saw one of the greatest rainbows I have ever seen... its colours were so immensely bright, and it was a full bow, from ground to ground. It was also a double one. Breathtaking!
It's a shame the pics I took of it really don't do it credit... for one it was just too big to fit it in one pic, and also the colours were completely flat and pale in comparison with the real thing Ah well......
Old 11-21-2002, 08:12 AM   #127
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Thanks Melly [img]smile.gif[/img] The rainbow around the sun was something I'd never seen before, it was really wierd as it was a complete circle, a perfect rainbow around the sun. The only reason we could capture it on film at all was because my friend had a good digital camera. On an analogue camera the whole photo would've been a white splodge probably. I posted a few more....tell me to stop if I'm threatening to take over Stealthy's
Old 11-21-2002, 08:16 AM   #128
Melusine
Dracolisk

Not at all, I loved the pics! But erm... we do have a Holidays and Sights album that needs filling

Edit: I get the feeling some of these pics are really slowing down the album pages... I don't mind the size of them (for example the spectacular view is over 600 kB) because they are so beautiful downsizing would be a shame. But maybe you could put the big ones in the Holidays and Sights... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Still insanely jealous BTW... that definitely looks like a holiday I would want to do when I get better!!

[ 11-21-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 11-21-2002, 08:18 AM   #129
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Also, I know what you mean Epona. I look different all the time. Every day my appearance gets stupider and stupider
Old 11-21-2002, 08:19 AM   #130
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Not at all, I loved the pics! But erm... we do have a Holidays and Sights album that needs filling
Hmmm where is that? I could add a few hundred pics Unfortunately for the album that has to take the strain, I'm not joking