Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 11:28 AM   #21
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hiram!
What are you doing out of your padded cell, and exactly what have you done with your straight jacket??
You know Lioness won't be happy, she made tht herself, she even made it your favourite colour, and besides if Choc sees you out and about greeting visitors who knows what he'll do!
Old 01-14-2002, 12:14 PM   #22
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Hiram!
What are you doing out of your padded cell, and exactly what have you done with your straight jacket??
You know Lioness won't be happy, she made tht herself, she even made it your favourite colour, and besides if Choc sees you out and about greeting visitors who knows what he'll do!

Ha!! Vanilla - never say die!! That's what I say!! How smooth is your brain? Hmm?

I'm just a dwarf who can't say no
I'm in a terrible fix
Just when I say Come on let's go
That's when I oughta say nix
Old 01-14-2002, 12:31 PM   #23
Talthyr Malkaviel

Oh great, now he's started rhyming again, who put the idea in his head it was a good idea tobe a poet (without knowing it of course).
I can see it now, he'll be making up verse after verse of terrible dwarven poetry, prophecisng the terrible reign of pain and torture brought by the accursed arrival of the four dark horsemen of the apocolypse on their fell steeds, sowing seeds of death destruction and general discontent o'er the land where ever they may chance to tread.....
Ooops, got a bit carried away there.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:45 PM   #24
Legolas
Jack Burton

Nah, those aren't dwarven rhymes. Everyone knows there's only one thing a dwarf will want to glorify in a song, and that's gold and battles. And maybe ale, and gems too if there's no gold to be found. But if those don't hold a major position in the poetry and songtexts, then they ain't dwarven
Old 01-14-2002, 01:03 PM   #25
Talthyr Malkaviel

I know, but I couldn't be bothered to give Dwarven examples, so as I said I just got carried away and started rambling about the apocalypse.
I do that sometimes.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:46 PM   #26
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes indeed [img]smile.gif[/img]
But the apocalypse makes for some pretty good rambling nonetheless

I mean, on a rambling scale of one to ten, both the apocalyse and the armageddon rank at least a twelve. Now there's something. The stories you can tell about the end of the world... Most of them pretty interesting, mind, if a little farfetched. 'Course, we don't know for sure they really are, in the end only one will be true. But you can't blame people for trying, can you? Plus, it makes good conversation on the cold, dark winter nights as you sit by the fire and hear the wolves howling as they go hunting, trying to catch the moon and basically running around the chariot of Ronnie Soak, the milkman and fifth horseman of the apocalypse, and all the angels making lots of noise...
My, but it IS contageous...
Old 01-14-2002, 05:05 PM   #27
Durwyn
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
I know, but I couldn't be bothered to give Dwarven examples, so as I said I just got carried away and started rambling about the apocalypse.
I do that sometimes.

Eh, well now mate, what ye be meanin' there? Whats with all the Dwarfs? My peoples mean no harm! Now Smoothie, my reply was not bad. I dont understand why you say you did not like the replies because they were in "bad manner". So... Excuse me? What have am I not understaning there?

How dare ye Hiram! Speak the rhymes of things you do not know! You shall answer the steel blade of my people next time! . Now put that straight jacket back on! [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-14-2002, 05:16 PM   #28
Talthyr Malkaviel

Now, now Durwyn, if that is your real name, the only way to get a dwarvish Hiram into a straight jacket is via the arts of coaxing, well known to those of the secretive IW clans, each with their own subtle coax-abilities.
Am I rambling again??
Cos I mean, I wouldn't want to ramble, when someone tells me to stop rambling, I stop, right there, I don't ramble for too long, no sir I do not, and I'm mighty sure that if I was rambling, someone would tell me and thusly cease my rambling, to make me positively anti-ramblist, which would greatly benefit those of low tolerance to those who have a particular urge to ramble on, and on, and on, and on, and off, those are the worst ones, the ones that ramble off, and off, it really gets quite tiring reading line after line of pure unadulterated rambleness.
But then, I'm not much of a rambler anyway.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:31 PM   #29
Durwyn
Elminster

*Shoots Tal with a Long Bow loaded with Fire Arrows*. .
Old 01-14-2002, 08:57 PM   #30
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
*Shoots Tal with a Long Bow loaded with Fire Arrows*. .

Aye!! So verrry special ye are wit yer long bow. A dwarf with a longbow is like an Elf with a pair of pants on. Soon, ye'll be drinkin wine wit yer pinky ring raised in the air. Ye can keep yer cutesy arrows and bow. Ahm not hearing any dwarven songs comin' from yer neck of the woods, laddie.