Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
offshore33
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know it's an odd combo, and one that results in a character starting 15 points in the stat hole, but if you get both damage resistances, then this dude could take a pounding.

So does anyone know if they stack?
offshore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 08:39 PM   #2
Goumindong
Manshoon

they ought to, and you could pump vit/pie and then iorn skin and take een more damage, while getting iorn will to stay away from those nasty spell effects, it would work if you left the fighting beinhd a bit.

but yes, is should stack
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:00 PM   #3
Nydlari
Manshoon

Yes they do I'm happy to say.
Good old Nydlari ended with a grand total of 41% damage resist, could have gone higher if I had put points into iron skin, but I needed to build up his polearm skill at the end so he could wield his mystic spear better.
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 12:20 PM   #4
Serops
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is somewhat OT but....When said dwarven monk finishes his 3 apprentice levels, does he start out on the monk exp table at level one or are his apprentice levels factored in?
Serops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:43 AM   #5
Silpion
Dungeon Master

*/me blows away some dust from this topic*

I've just run a little test:
code:
Level 1 | human | dwarf
--------+-------+-------
fighter | -- | 7%
monk | 9% | 15%

Level 2 | human | dwarf
--------+-------+-------
fighter | -- | 7%
monk | 9% | 15%

Level 3 | human | dwarf
--------+-------+-------
fighter | -- | 8%
monk | 9% | 15%

Level 4 | human | dwarf
--------+-------+-------
fighter | -- | 8%
monk | 10% | 16%
[/QUOTE]- A dwarven non-monk character gets an additional point in damage resistance when he get's to lvl 3 (perhaps every 3 lvls or additional 2 lvls?)
- A monk gets an additional poit at lvl 4 (perhaps every 4 lvls or additional 3 lvls?)
- A dwarven monk seems to gets only the additional points for being a monk, not those for being a dwarf. (?)

I have only played until level 4 because I couldn't find savegame-editor that works with v1.2.4

Does anyone know the answers to my questions? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:24 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

wait a minute, when you say damage resistance, what kind of damage? melee damage or spell damage?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 12:54 AM   #7
otter
Elminster

For Seraps: The "apprentice" level only means that you have no Attribute points to distribute until they're filled up to required, and that the "controlling" attributes, which help you learn skills faster, will be lower. Your level pragression is still "normal".
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 04:45 PM   #8
Silpion
Dungeon Master

@ Kakero: I think it's melee damage resistance but I haven't been able to test if it applies to magic damage too. I've played the party only in the monastery, leveled them up to level 4 and watched the "damage resistance" in the character sheet. I haven't encountered any spellcasting enemies.
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 05:58 PM   #9
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

I also think as an apprentice your special skills are lower level, remember them saying something to that effect in the manual, like Samurai for example who had say a character level of 8 but had been an apprentice for 5 levels would only be doing lightning strikes like a level 3 sammy.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:11 PM   #10
otter
Elminster

"Apprentices also function as level 0 caracters for any special class-based abilities..." --Game Manual, P9.
I'm assuming they function as the level they've achieved once they're out of debt, else the manual (should) have described them as staying behind themselves, like you've assumed. I haven't started any apprentices, so i don't know.
I have read a thread about Lizard Bishops, so maybe someone who's run one of them could compare their effectiveness in this regard. I would expect a sudden jump to level-norm, and if i didn't get it, i'd stop running apprentices.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote