Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

what would you put in it?
What would you keep pretty much the same as W&W and what new features/etc. would you like to see added? What would you remove (aside from Sebastio )?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 11:26 AM   #2
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like the way the game runs but the interaction with the npc's is rarely complete. You should be able to return Torins fathers ring to him so that he doesn't keep standing there trying to kill the dragon, there should be some way to tell Talrick that you have found his treasure.
I would like to be able to scroll through the skills screen so that I could still work on skills that are off the screen.
It would be good to be able to get the stone magic if you didn't start as a wizard, even if it was very difficult to do so. Only 1 charactor can become a zenmaster.
It would be bonza if the game didn't crash as much as it does.
The journal is very unwieldy & it is hard to find who was doing what quest.(maybe WillowIX could design an index for it
Old 07-26-2002, 11:33 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

For starters IŽd add Sabastio as the 1st man you meet (like Gareth)lol! I just had to Wyv. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] I think IŽd remove a species or two (gnome is in danger here). IŽd also even the weapons out. In this game there are loads of swords but hardly any other hand weapons (spears, axes etc.). IŽd get rid of the large, boring and time wasting puzzles (stout mines, dragon spire). Add chronicles that can be found across the world to give you info about history or and hints. (in W&W give you asome idea about the first fight with Cet etc). Add a few more quests (not guild quests) but optional like the boogre caves. Add fog of war to the spirit eye spell (you shouldnŽt be able to see every critter on the world map). Change the view a bit, the travelling zone donŽt have to be bordered by forest only. Eehmm all I can think off at the moment. Everything else seems fine to me. Oh, IŽd add a few more towns!

ps. LOL Kev! IŽm somewhat tired of indexes at the moment.

[ 07-26-2002, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 07-26-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'd like the towns to remain small but be 3D, not cardboard mockups like the backlot of Universal.

I'd like to not have to listen to the whole NPC speeches (especially Sebastio) to get the quest and get credit for the quest.

Being able to scroll through the whole skill list is a must!

The ability to resolve quests such as Torin and Talric would be very nice!

No stupid spells - like blood to gold! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:06 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm.... what would I like different....

For starters, I'll agree on a better variety of weapons. Anything but a sword and couple of staves were sold immediately.

A better quest log for sure. One that indicates quest, task remaining, and where to go back to. 3DO did a good job with this in MM9 -- the quest log updates as you complete steps and tells you where to go next.

Fewer guild quests, or a better way of handling them. It really gets frustrating running around from town to town because Grumpy just made Paladin, so now you have to go all the way back to Valeia for guild levels.

A town portal spell, or something similar, that would let you go to a specific town. Eliminates a lot of the frustrating travel.

Dungeons that respawn (and appropriately!). For example, don't you think that after a couple of weeks, something would decide to move into the crypt? By appropriately, I mean appropriate for your level. At low levels, it might be more skeletons and such. At high levels, it may become the new salad bar in town... imagine the fun! And levels should be calculated as real levels, not actual levels. If I've got to level ten in five classes, I'm not level ten right now; I'm more like level 50. I should get something appropriate.

A final score mechanism of some sort. I really like this about the MM series -- you get a number that tells you how you did, and you can then compete with yourself and others. Adds for more interesting replay, too -- what's the highest score you can get, highest with one character, etc.

Easter eggs. Hidden things that you can use to your benefit (or detriment).

Keep the price on blessed dragon arrows

Your behavior changes the game. Kill innocents, and people mistrust you, charge you more, and perhaps won't give quests until you complete a prequest. Or perhaps you have to prove your worth for one character by damaging your rep with another. IOW, your behavior affects the outcome.

That's it for a quick run off the top.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 12:23 AM   #6
the_young_one
Manshoon

A few other toughts:

Monsters to be tougher (amazon mantraps were great, but after that, no notable encounters). "Immortals" such as Cet, Anepas, Oakenmir, Erathsmedor to be much much tougher

Retribution for breaking the Mavin Oath (eg stats to detiorate, recovery hit points and spell points slower).

Be able to change to zenmaster or valkyrie earlier in the game.

Make the patch standard (and avoid the crazy dance, toughen bug, vampire crash)

More weather - I liked the rain, but why not snow or gales. Also good if this affects skills - it must be harder to hit if you're in the middle of a blizzard

Touching up a few minor situations e.g. it is faster to swim and run than sail the boat across the endless sea, can six people really fit on one horse?, can six people and a horse fit on that small barge?

Limit on levelling up.. getting to level 400 and +400 to hit is rather excessive..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 02:25 AM   #7
DeathDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MULTIPLAYER!!!! That way people like us could all hang out in the same game. I would also say make the towns less cardboard like and I do like that weather one. More towns is a must have. As your characters progress, the creatures should go higher in toughness. That way you still have a challenge, because once your character gets up there, their no challenge.

That's all that I can think of right now.
DeathDragon<br />************************************************* *********************<br />Once you see a Death Dragon<br />It\'s already to late<br />************************************************* *********************
DeathDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 05:43 PM   #8
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

If I could design W&WII I'd make it easier to see the entrance to the first level!!!!(the crypt).
--------------

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2002, 10:52 PM   #9
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would Make it more challenging with more puzzles and more opponets and even more levels.

And I would add multiplayer online and I would even add in the ability to do multiplayer within the game. I would like to play this game with my friends.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Forgot to add one thing... expandability. Imagine what might happen in the Gael Serran if after all were said and done, Kerah actually turned out to be Herespia in disguise, and the gypsies were about to take over the Gael Serran to force everyone to wear gaudy clothes, sell cheap trinkets, and take speech lessons from Sebastio? A whole new realm of adventure awaits!

And note: I realize that gypsies do not match any particular stereotype any more than anyone else does. I'm just offering a possible build-on scenario that might be available. So please, call off the PC dogs early... :] I'm not that particular "-ist".
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote