Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-09-2002, 05:19 AM   #1
Lost sheep
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Downloaded patch (official one) to desktop.Extract to in Winzip c:\Activision\wizardsandwarriors.Then nothing seemed to happen or if it did it happened so quickly I couldn't see it.How can I tell if I'm patched or not and,if I'm not,what am I doing wrong?
Lost sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 09:59 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Lost sheep,

After you extracted the file, did you open your W&W directory and click on it?

There is a description of what the patch "fixes" and removes within the BEST TIPS thread. There is an index in that thread on page one which will help you locate it.

What was happening in your game that made you decide to install the patch? I've always prefered to run my game without it but I know it has helped many players given their hardware.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 03:51 PM   #3
Lost sheep
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, so far I've noticed character spinning when trying to pick things up. Also game locks up every so often and all I can do is reset computer.Other than that I don't know, haven't got far yet, only done crypt.
BTW, where's Rumpy, I didn't meet him!
Old 02-09-2002, 04:26 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi!

Oh, lots of players complain of the "Dance" when picking things up but I hardly ever had that problem. The freezing up obviously isn't something you want.
What kind of machine do you have, what OS, memory, version of DirectX and vid card?

Did you speak to the Kerah statue in the crypt opening up vast new areas to explore?
Check here for some great maps (thanks to Xignal): http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html

Wyv
Old 02-10-2002, 07:25 AM   #5
Lost sheep
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got Athlon 1.8GHz processor,windows 98,GeForce3 video card,lots of memory, Wiz+Warr only game installed at present.I don't know which DirectX, I've looked at it but I can't find a version number.
Grateful for any help/advice.
Old 02-10-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Lost sheep!!

To check which version of DirectX you have - open your control panel and click on the DirectX icon - it will display which version your are using.

Wyv
Old 02-10-2002, 07:02 PM   #7
Lost sheep
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Found it, it was directX8.0,used directxbuster utility and removed it,replaced it with directx 7.0 off W+W disc. I'll see how I go on now without patch.